Potentiometer

So I’m using a 5KB pot for the fuzz control in my pedal and the fuzz really only kicks in around 9 or 10 on the sweep. Before that there isn’t a whole lot going on fuzz wise. Any suggestions? Would a 5KA work better or a different value?

So I’m using a 5KB pot for the fuzz control in my pedal and the fuzz really only kicks in around 9 or 10 on the sweep. Before that there isn’t a whole lot going on fuzz wise. Any suggestions? Would a 5KA work better or a different value?
I'd have to see the circuit. The taper doesn't matter as much as the value. The taper determines how the pot responds (or actually vice versa -- how the circuit responds to the pot). Regardless, the total resistance value of the pot has more to do with how it interacts with the circuit than the taper. And to understand how it is interacting with the circuit, we need to see the schematic.

I'd have to see the circuit. The taper doesn't matter as much as the value. The taper determines how the pot responds (or actually vice versa -- how the circuit responds to the pot). Regardless, the total resistance value of the pot has more to do with how it interacts with the circuit than the taper. And to understand how it is interacting with the circuit, we need to see the schematic

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 13
If it's bunching at one end, try a c taper IF you have enough fuzz/volume on hand.
Could also try tacking a 10-20k resistor between legs 1 and 2. May or may not get desirable results. Brain is in weekend mode...
Just wedge the legs in the leg crimp points and dab a little solder. If it sucks, heat it up and pull it out.
May be able to fold the legs over themselves and wedge them in there temporarily to audition.

Back