Potentiometers on Temu?

drgonzo1969

This keeps popping up on my facebook. has anybody bought any pedal gear off Temu? They have potentiometers for pretty cheap on there. I havent looked too much for anything else.

I dont know anything about them at all. Im definitely cautious but for $3 and free shipping I might just try it out anyways. why do you think they are sketchy?

why do you think they are sketchy?
They collect waaay more personal data than is necessary, and they're quite vigilant about campaigning themselves as legitimate while spamming every corner of the internet with blatantly bogus ads. if you're looking to order cheap parts from china, Aliexpress/Alibaba or even Wish is a LOT safer.

Yeah the sheer number of ads I see for temu is enough to keep me away. Their tagline sucks, and there's no way it's not sketch

They collect waaay more personal data than is necessary, and they're quite vigilant about campaigning themselves as legitimate while spamming every corner of the internet with blatantly bogus ads. if you're looking to order cheap parts from china, Aliexpress/Alibaba or even Wish is a LOT safer.
I did order from Temu once (there was a board game that was, let's say, heavily inspired by a real board game, for like 1.50€, so I gave it a try what it's like - board game was very badly printed, but it's playable). At least over here the minimum order is $10 (or 10€ I guess), so keep that in mind. Shipping was decently fast though.

The reason why I prefer Ebay/Aliexpress/Amazon over Temu and Wish and those ones is that with the first ones, at least the marketplace is not trying to fool you personally. The sellers still might try, but that just means you have to be careful and check how many have been bought, reviews and so on. On Wish I always got the feeling that the marketplace itself is futzing with the reviews and making up crazy claims, and while Temu seems marginally better, I don't trust it as much as Aliexpress (and keep in mind - I don't really trust Aliexpress either).

Back