DEMO Powder Blue Overdrive

This post contains an audio or video demo

Synchrony Pedalworks

Wow! This is a great pedal. It really works well with my set up with a Fender Vibrochamp clone, Charvel super Strat and Fender telecaster deluxe.

The build is straightforward, but the 1.5 uV caps were a little of a pain to get. In hindsight, I should have just installed some parallel caps for that value. I did use parallel resistors to get my 82 ohm resistor, because I forgot to order that value.

The art theme is Robert Johnson and the Crossoads. As usual, I used a metal foil and the Cricuit machine. I had to do a lot to get this image to work, but I think the time paid off.

The demos were some quick renditions of John Mayer songs. With Belief, you will hear this pedal stacked with a Kliche (Klon), and this occurs near the end. I did not time the foot stomp well, so it will be apparent. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣. The pedal, with the Kliche, really nails the sound on the record.

38AAF478-634C-4767-9271-9B93BEA0E14E.jpeg 9826BAF2-2B87-4FC8-BA4D-CC3DD6ABBA08.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude that looks great. Love the vibe of the design and colors. Home run. Nice demos too.

Thanks! I can’t take credit for the image. I found it on the internet when searching for image’s associated with Crossroad blues. I did like the skull aspect for R Johnson, because of the myth that he sold his soul!

Fantastic job!

Lurves me some R Johnson and the skull was a great touch, and I really love the LED-placement in his guitar's soundhole.

I'm not that familiar with cricut, it looks great. My wife said she might get a cricut for her business, maybe if I show her your pedal I'll get to play with cricut, too!

I showed my wife, she said "Oh, that looks awesome!"

I don't think I'll get to play with Cricut just yet.

Is that a Gørva enclosure?

To reiterate while paraphrasing my earlier post: Sweet Build!

I showed my wife, she said "Oh, that looks awesome!"

I don't think I'll get to play with Cricut just yet.

Is that a Gørva enclosure?

To reiterate while paraphrasing my earlier post: Sweet Build!
The Cricuit is nice and has several advantages. If you mess up, you can just make another decal! It has up front costs, but has use for other hobbies. Otherwise, it is a cheaper option.

The drawbacks are the following:
Most art has to be monochromatic. You can use multiple colors, but it is much more difficult. You have to pick the art and fonts carefully. If the art is too detailed or fine, it is really hard to “weed” the decal.

I have started to move away from the Cricut. The UV printing and faceplates are more durable and I can do fine and polychromatic designs with the UV printing.

Looking forward to your designs! If you need any help, let me know!

Thanks for the kind words.

Back