Power jack quick disconnect options

Once you start having to make 10-20 of a pedal at a time, you DON’T GIVE A FUCK about flux underneath anymore.

I still dry scrape anything up top after mounting pots, LEDs or switches but the bottom can fuck right off.
Glad I’m not the only one!!! I call it “poor man’s conformal coating”.

I use Tayda for drilling. They do the square cuts.
So you just order a standard predrilled then ask them to make it a square power jack? Or something else? Last time I looked into anything custom it was talking Gerber Layers and UV files and a whole bunch of things that was above my pay grade
And how much does it add to cost to have custom?

So you just order a standard predrilled then ask them to make it a square power jack? Or something else? Last time I looked into anything custom it was talking Gerber Layers and UV files and a whole bunch of things that was above my pay grade
And how much does it add to cost to have custom?

I have my own drill plans and graphics files.

I just order an enclosure, drilling and UV printing and attach my drill plan and graphics files.

With volume discounts I’m probably at around $14 per enclosure?

Which is worth it to me.

I typically purchase:

Enclosure
Drilling
Masking
UV Printing
Gloss Layer for UV Printing

As someone who is selling pedals, you simply can’t put a price on a professionally done enclosure and artwork.

I’m saving money as well because I’m saving time. If I had to drilling, paint, etc. 30 enclosures, I’d never be able to turn a profit.

I have my own drill plans and graphics files.

I just order an enclosure, drilling and UV printing and attach my drill plan and graphics files.

With volume discounts I’m probably at around $14 per enclosure?

Which is worth it to me.

I typically purchase:

Enclosure
Drilling
Masking
UV Printing
Gloss Layer for UV Printing

As someone who is selling pedals, you simply can’t put a price on a professionally done enclosure and artwork.

I’m saving money as well because I’m saving time. If I had to drilling, paint, etc. 30 enclosures, I’d never be able to turn a profit.
That’s a big difference to the typical hobbyist- so doubling the cost of enclosure isn’t worth it.
But when I was building amps professionally, and had to account for time, considering burdened labor rate, if something saved me more than $1/minute, it was worth paying someone else to do it. Now as a hobbyist, the extra $7 enclosure means I can fit 2 pedals into my budget instead of one.
In your case, it’s a no brainer to have them do the work!

That’s a big difference to the typical hobbyist- so doubling the cost of enclosure isn’t worth it.
But when I was building amps professionally, and had to account for time, considering burdened labor rate, if something saved me more than $1/minute, it was worth paying someone else to do it. Now as a hobbyist, the extra $7 enclosure means I can fit 2 pedals into my budget instead of one.
In your case, it’s a no brainer to have them do the work!

I think that a lot of people build tons of stuff just to try things out and then rehouse in nice enclosures when they know it’s a keeper.

So in that sense it would be worth it as well.

When it’s warranted, it really elevates the whole project.

Back