Powersound Boost Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

This reminds me of when I realized my tail wasn’t normal…

Dime the Volume, use the Gain control to control volume, you basically have the Power Boost.

Use the Volume / Gain like an overdrive, you have the Overdriver.

You can pull the charge pump and run it at 9V if you'd prefer as well.

I just wanted to make both options available... Some purists would prefer to not have the Master volume, other folks would prefer it.

Dime the Volume, use the Gain control to control volume, you basically have the Power Boost.

Use the Volume / Gain like an overdrive, you have the Overdriver.

You can pull the charge pump and run it at 9V if you'd prefer as well.

I just wanted to make both options available... Some purists would prefer to not have the Master volume, other folks would prefer it.

I dig it. Is mine still available? If not, that means it’s collectible now…*runs to Reverb*…

Now I’m curious to see what differs between the reissues and if it’s consequential at all.

I have two schematics for the Power Boost, the difference between them is the 220nF / 4.7uF output capacitor. I gave a universal footprint that can use either, your choice.

There are a few other values different in the schematic I have for the Overdriver. They are minor differences, but differences nonetheless.

There is also a difference in where the feedback resistor of the first stage is connected.
Can you hear the difference? I probably couldn't. Some folks probably can (or think they can).

I have two schematics for the Power Boost, the difference between them is the 220nF / 4.7uF output capacitor. I gave a universal footprint that can use either, your choice.

There are a few other values different in the schematic I have for the Overdriver. They are minor differences, but differences nonetheless.

There is also a difference in where the feedback resistor of the first stage is connected.
Can you hear the difference? I probably couldn't. Some folks probably can (or think they can).

Welp, I needed a good rabbit hole.

I don't care what it is or what it does, a side knob is janky af
S6Am84p.jpg

Back