Chop Shop Overdrive Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

While the original version 2 has a Vol Pot of 100KA,
Chop Shop Overdrive has a 10KA Vol Pot. Have you tested this difference?

While the original version 2 has a Vol Pot of 100KA,

There are three differences that I see compared to the Gray Bench schematic.

A100K vs A10K volume pot
2N2222A vs PN2222A output buffer transistor
Sag pot behaves inversely (turning up the Sag increases Sag in the Chop Shop, which just seems more logical)

Sonically I don't think there will be any difference but the pot / transistor could easily be substituted by the builder if they desire.

If there's enough feedback requesting it I could reverse the Sag pot I suppose.

Does this mean I'm gonna have to get the third version of this board without having built the previous two yet?
It just means it's going to be one helluva combo pedal with all 3 in 1 enclosure. Yes, 3-in-1.

Yep. You're not going to believe this, but the doc is already up.... 😂

30429026100_2ce89c4157_z.jpg

Crank up the volts all the way to the right, turn them down to the left. Makes total sense.

Want sag? Turn down the volts to the left.

Yep, I guess so.... but then shouldn't it be called "Volts" and not "Sag"?

If I turn up the Sag knob I expect more... well... sag. 😂

We can pull a "Timmy" though and just consider it a Sag-cut control.
Why not commit fully to the Chop Shop name and make the others volume-cut and gain-cut too? Think of all the UV print thematic possibilities!

What do you use to draw these up? Very cool!
Photoshop, my son gets phone calls when it freezes coz I hit the wrong icon.
He is a Graphic designer & uses programs that are beyond my computer skills.
I actually started with finished pedals on the jarrah coffee table & slowly removed Footswitches, Knobs & toggle switches from the photo in Photoshop. You have to learn how to separate the Enclosure from the background first so it's like adding layers all the time.
When I got different size enclosures, I would take a photo of it as a blank enclosure on the Table so I could paste things on it in Photoshop.
I also use blank enclosures from the web.
The first thing I do is design the Graphic then save it as psd & also a jpeg.
Then I get rid of what I dont want in the background & lay the graphic like a sheet on top of the blank enclosure & then using the Transform & Skew mode, I can stretch & shrink it to shape so it looks like it has been stuck in place.
All the drill holes are on the graphic so then its just a matter of putting all the knobs, footswitch, leds on top of the circles.
You have options that allow you to change the pedal to any colour you want & light & shade.
i've been doing it for around ten years so it took a while to get to this level & I'm still learning!

Photoshop, my son gets phone calls when it freezes coz I hit the wrong icon.
He is a Graphic designer & uses programs that are beyond my computer skills.
I actually started with finished pedals on the jarrah coffee table & slowly removed Footswitches, Knobs & toggle switches from the photo in Photoshop. You have to learn how to separate the Enclosure from the background first so it's like adding layers all the time.
When I got different size enclosures, I would take a photo of it as a blank enclosure on the Table so I could paste things on it in Photoshop.
I also use blank enclosures from the web.
The first thing I do is design the Graphic then save it as psd & also a jpeg.
Then I get rid of what I dont want in the background & lay the graphic like a sheet on top of the blank enclosure & then using the Transform & Skew mode, I can stretch & shrink it to shape so it looks like it has been stuck in place.
All the drill holes are on the graphic so then its just a matter of putting all the knobs, footswitch, leds on top of the circles.
You have options that allow you to change the pedal to any colour you want & light & shade.
i've been doing it for around ten years so it took a while to get to this level & I'm still learning!
Very cool.. I thought it was a 3D program or somethings. So the knobs in the pic are real and you just cut them from something else?

That's basically what I've done & you can use the same knob like the plain Aluminium one & stretch it or make fatter in diameter, Change the colour, add white pointer line to it , the MXR style with or without the skirt on the bottom
Same with that raw finish on the chop shop above, I can change the enclosure to any anodized colour your want.

That's basically what I've done & you can use the same knob like the plain Aluminium one & stretch it or make fatter in diameter, Change the colour, add white pointer line to it , the MXR style with or without the skirt on the bottom
Same with that raw finish on the chop shop above, I can change the enclosure to any anodized colour your want.
This took a minute to change:

Chop Shop Revised Mockup Teale Blue Pedal.jpg

Back