Reputable source for LM308N?

btw ... so you can be "hip like badass" ... when shopping for metal can op amps on the bay, the packaging is a dead giveaway ... if it looks like this
metalcanopamp2.png
then you're getting genuine article. nobody is 3d printing the vintage socket for these or wasting their time relabeling the op amp as some sort of elaborate ruse

Just finished up a pedalpcb Muroidea and realized when populating I ordered the wrong IC from Tayda... I got a lm3808 ... looks like the lm308N is counterfitted a lot.
I'm a total noob and haven't had a successful pedal completion yet... On my third attempt with kliche mini... I have a timmy pcb from another source and I have an Elsol from pedal pcb to populate as well.
Hi!
This is the REAL MaCoy of the 1986 Rat Distortion Pedal. The first production run of the 1986 was with 1985 guts and 1986 Pots. That was why they sound so EXCELLENT!!!! The next production run of 1986 had newer innards - these are not what people seek. They seek the first run of '86. At that time the Motorola LM308N L8551 was the Holy Grail of chip. This is what you are most definitely looking for. Have a Great One! - Get this and you'll Love it!!!

Attachments

• chipper-1.jpg
    chipper-1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 4
Sure you’re not thinking of the CA3080? That’s a common chip in Ross-style compressors.
The BOM says LM308N. It's the GCI 6 knob compressor designed by the guy from Dunwich amps. I like the Dunwich fuzz pedals and thought it was strange to have the rat opamp in a compressor which is why I was intrigued.

I just ordered 10 National Semi branded LM308s from a huge batch marked as 'new' from "UTSource Original Store", what ever that means. I'm not holding my breath that they are real, but I figured I try my hand at 75¢ each.

Back