DEMO Roboto

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Lo-fi pitch shiftiness. The toggle jumps pin 1 of the Sample / Control pot to pin 14 of the 8950, for some different tones through the sweep of the pot. Max setting remains the same.

Not a huge fan of this circuit, but it is actually pretty fun to play around with. Does some bitcrushing and ring modulation type sounds which are cool. Much louder than it really needs to be, but I suppose that could be used to destroy the input of whatever comes after it in the signal chain. It's straight up fuzz tones are pretty rad, but not cool enough to warrant a spot on my board. The "octave" modes leave a little to be desired as far as pitch accuracy goes, but that's whateva. The Arpeggiator is nasty as heck- interesting for some rhythmic pulses though

Build went smooth, and is laid out well. The HT8950s are getting harder to source, but otherwise it's an easy enough build

114bb0b7-05ef-4f0a-9765-dbe0ef60998ephoto.jpeg 4f95d778-3307-4c8d-9697-50e4ed3dd7dbphoto.jpeg

Many thankages for the demoah!

Great for whenever you need to fake a fax-machine/modem connection sound on a gig (or in a studio)...

Always interesting hearing other experimental noise makers take on a circuit like this. My biggest question though is “where do you come up with all these mods!?” Between this and hacking extra waveforms out of a CMOS I am always impressed. Mode 4 is by far my favorite on this thing. Need to finish up my buff and blend addition on mine.

Always interesting hearing other experimental noise makers take on a circuit like this. My biggest question though is “where do you come up with all these mods!?” Between this and hacking extra waveforms out of a CMOS I am always impressed. Mode 4 is by far my favorite on this thing. Need to finish up my buff and blend addition on mine.

For this mod specifically, I looked to MadBean's Mandroid & Dean Hazelwanter's Pitch Shifter when trying to come up with a way to get the octaves the circuit purports to be able to achieve. The Warp pot isn't wired exactly the same, and doesn't fix the note accuracy issue, I liked it enough to keep it in. Playing with it some more, it's kinda growing on me. Really digging the Unison and Up modes for that blown out splatty digifuzz

For the 4046 waveforms on the ItU, I pretty much lifted those from This post on DIYSB. I also looked at Fredrik's Raygun Youth for guidance

Speaking of running the Robot in parallel and fucked up PLLs, in these vids it's run parallel with Parasit's Raygun and 0415, and a clean blend. The second vid is two of these monstrosities running parallel :ROFLMAO:

Waowzers! That first demo at 3:44 with those squeeeeels... 😻

Then the second demo ... simply ... slays ...

Spectacular sounds, Super-fun demos.

Back