Lead Solder Overdrive Custom Pedal

music6000

I knew this was going to be too much Gain for me so I spoke to Chuck about where I could tame the Beast! (y)
I put it on a DPDT toggle & It works like a charm!, It works as designed or it reduces it by around 50% with the toggle switched!
The Presence control is the most detailed control on the pedal, it can make or break the Pedal!
The Treble & Mids are the most subtle controls & Bass is not in your Face either!
The Depth toggle is purely there for Chugin' or tame a bright sounding Amp.
The enclosure is Tayda Champagne, LMS Aluminium knobs with hand painted Silver Grey permanent brush finish.
In House Clear Adhesive Graphic sealed & Automotive Clear Top Coat

SOLD Super Lead Overdrive Pedal 1.jpg
SOLD Super Lead Overdrive Pedal 2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't fit C7-1uF on the PCB, Wires have to be connected from underside!!!
It's a simple mod but you have raise the PCB & Deep toggle internally so you can at least fit a washer & nut on top so a DPDT will fit under the PCB. If you look at the pedal above, you will see alot more thread on the Gain toggle!
You have to glue a piece of plastic (Blue in Pic.) on the side of the toggle so it will not touch the 3 legs of the Bass pot.
Also make sure you nip of all the protruding solder pads on the main pcb in that area!!!
It worked out that I needed 2 nuts on the inside of the the SPDT On/On Deep & soldered flush with the PCB.
After you have fitted the components which are bent down the side of the DPDT for clearance, I cut the top half of all the 6 legs off!

Soldano Mod Enclosure Guts.jpg Soldano Overdrive Mod Toggle Switch.jpg

Don't fit C7-1uF on the PCB, Wires have to be connected from underside!!!
It's a simple mod but you have raise the PCB & Deep toggle internally so you can at least fit a washer & nut on top so a DPDT will fit under the PCB. If you look at the pedal above, you will see alot more thread on the Gain toggle!
You have to glue a piece of plastic (Blue in Pic.) on the side of the toggle so it will not touch the 3 legs of the Bass pot.
Also make sure you nip of all the protruding solder pads on the main pcb in that area!!!
It worked out that I needed 2 nuts on the inside of the the SPDT On/On Deep & soldered flush with the PCB.
After you have fitted the components which are bent down the side of the DPDT for clearance, I cut the top half of all the 6 legs off!

View attachment 69101 View attachment 69107
Are those standard leg pots, or long leg? I’m thinking about putting a “Warren Haynes mod” switch in mine to toggle the bright cap over the gain pot off, and didn’t know if it would be possible to fit a toggle under w/o interfering with the pcb

Are those standard leg pots, or long leg? I’m thinking about putting a “Warren Haynes mod” switch in mine to toggle the bright cap over the gain pot off, and didn’t know if it would be possible to fit a toggle under w/o interfering with the pcb
Standard!
If you go for longer legs, you would have to find or attach fly leads to the standard SPDT toggle for the Deep switch & you can run into clearance issues with the Lid.

So it's just 100k in series with a cap, correct?
I was testing permanent solution - lower value of R10 + higher value of C8 or the same for R14 + C11.
Yes, that's correct when the toggle is switched to lower Gain.
When toggle is switched opposite it removes the 100K from the stock circuit.

Back