DEMO Roll out your Gold Foils II

This post contains an audio or video demo

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I had mentioned in some post or other that I had a couple of "re-builds" in the pipeline.

This is one of them. My Classic Vibe Thinline which was sporting the Zhangbucker Lollipop P90 in the neck and had a rosewood neck.

I decided to move the Lollipop to my Gold Top where I think it sounds better and I put another Victory Pickup Goldfoil in this tele.

I also put a maple neck on it. This was a $54 eBay neck from China but it turned out to be a really nice one with some figuring.
After a fret level, crown and polish it plays pretty nicely. Except for some reason the neck feels a little sticky, even after a vigorous waxing with carnauba.

Might be some goofy finish they used. We'll see how it holds up.
Oh also, the neck came with a cheesy "Fender" logo on it. I had to sand it off but then had a real hard time matching the "vintage yellow" on the headstock.
So it's a little off.

Anyway, the pickup is one of Wades "Low Rider Ultras" but it's a prototype he made for me. This one uses a vintage spec "rubberized" magnet as opposed to the ferrite magnets of my other GF Tele. There's a subtle difference in sound. A bit less scooped and a bit more focused. I think I like the standard ferrite magnet one slightly better but it still sounds pretty awesome.

Oh and the wrong notes aren't clams......just playing "outside" hahahahahah

IMG_6261.JPG

IMG_6262.JPG

Back