Rush Pep Box Schematic?…

Coda

Does anyone have a schematic for the Pep Box. The only one I have found is from the British Pedal Company reissue, and, from what I have seen, it was shit. I’ve seen pics of the insides, and it looks simple enough. The newest reissue sounds pretty great.

From Effects Layouts (not sure where Storyboardest got it):

basic-audio-pep-box-schematic.png

From Revolution Deux:

germaniumpepbox.png

SiliconPepbox.png

Just found this thread via google! I found the storyboardist schematic for the silicon version which is actually the Basic Audio version which added the Body knob, as the original is rather thin and bright. I built the original a few years ago and thought it was ok but not amazing so this time I built the Basic Audio version which is better, but perhaps mine doesn't sound quite as good as it should because I didn't have BC107Bs. I used 2N3904s and they gate slightly.

Actually the gating is pretty cool and useful because most of my guitars feedback easily. But I might need to either try different transistors or add a cap across the base and collector of one of the transistors to get rid of some squealing oscillation. I wonder which tranny I should add the cap to?

Just found this thread via google! I found the storyboardist schematic for the silicon version which is actually the Basic Audio version which added the Body knob, as the original is rather thin and bright. I built the original a few years ago and thought it was ok but not amazing so this time I built the Basic Audio version which is better, but perhaps mine doesn't sound quite as good as it should because I didn't have BC107Bs. I used 2N3904s and they gate slightly.

Actually the gating is pretty cool and useful because most of my guitars feedback easily. But I might need to either try different transistors or add a cap across the base and collector of one of the transistors to get rid of some squealing oscillation. I wonder which tranny I should add the cap to?

I would try Q2…since that’s what works on a Fuzz Face.

I breadboarded the Si version this morning. I went with the Revolution Deux Si schematic, and used a 100k trimmer. Long story short: its pretty decent. Similar to an FY-2, to my ear...maybe with a tad more character. Interestingly, the first one I breadboarded died. Looks like I fried Q2 somehow. Anybody know off of the top of their head how that could have happened? Meanwhile, I'm going to start over. I don't think I have any 107's left, though...

Back