Same old stuff I guess

IMG_7593.jpeg
IMG_7594.jpeg IMG_7595.jpeg

The tremolo was Valvewizard's "universal tremolo", trying both the shared cathode (subtle to the point of not being audible) and the optical (super choppy but not fast enough for a decent helicopter) and didn't like either. I would definitely be down to do a trace of the Guyatone.

And I saw that tag but haven't been over there yet, I would definitely be interested to take a look at that one for a trace as well.

EDIT: looks like the FB-X schematic is floating around the webs, not seeing the tremolo though.
Here it is. Probably bought this sometime in the early 2000s. Been on many tours etc. DM me your address and I’ll send it.

Attachments

• IMG_7593.jpeg
    IMG_7593.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 6
ok, now that we have an Ubersonic (wink) we need the Ecstasy, it's older brother, so it's not an only child (double wink)

Sorry couldn't help it, hehe.
If i don't electrocute myself putting together the Supersonic, i may go with the Bassdude, because, gas, dude.

Very much liking the look of that King Nothing PCB. Any idea around when or if they’ll be available? Also, I’m in Canada, so any relevant shipping info or links appreciated

Very much liking the look of that King Nothing PCB. Any idea around when or if they’ll be available? Also, I’m in Canada, so any relevant shipping info or links appreciated
PCBs are literally out for delivery right now, I'll have them in hand this evening. I'm behind on build documents as I still owe everyone a Nobelium doc, but It's on my list of things to get to this week.

I don't remember what Canada shipping looks like offhand, but if you throw a PCB in your cart and go to the checkout page it will tell you shipping prices.

PCBs are literally out for delivery right now, I'll have them in hand this evening. I'm behind on build documents as I still owe everyone a Nobelium doc, but It's on my list of things to get to this week.

I don't remember what Canada shipping looks like offhand, but if you throw a PCB in your cart and go to the checkout page it will tell you shipping prices.

Thanks! Checked, and shipping cost is fine with me. I’ll contact you thru your site to purchase then. Please set one aside for me if you can :)

Bought two! Going to gift the second one. Whenever you’re able to get to putting together the bom or docs is cool by me

Thnx!

edit: quasi Xmas gifting, tho not needing to get it done for the holidays :)

Last edited:
Man I'm super tempted to grab a Bassdude... one of the greatest bass tones I ever experienced first-hand was a P-Bass through a 4x10 Bassman. But I need more PCBs right now like I need a hole in the head :censored:

King Nothing and Bassdude are live on the site. I'll get the build docs up, you know, eventually. I'll try to at least get BOMs put together for both tonight for those that can't wait for build docs to get started. Assembly is pretty well the same as Particle Accelerator and Black Eye respectively, so nothing weird or different about putting either of these together.
Something like This:

King Nothing Tube Mockup Pedal.jpg

Last edited:
I only have one 12ax7 but I got two 12at7s and a 12ay7. Is there a V1 V2 configuration that would get more grit out of the Bassdude with maybe less volume output?

When you get a chance can you add the drill templates to the tayda drill thread please? It looks like the king nothing is the same as the particle accelerator footprint but confirmation would be great. If thats the case just the bass dude. Ty sir.

When you get a chance can you add the drill templates to the tayda drill thread please? It looks like the king nothing is the same as the particle accelerator footprint but confirmation would be great. If thats the case just the bass dude. Ty sir.
The only difference between Particle Accelerator and King Nothing is that King Nothing has two switches in place of two of the pots, so you'll want smaller holes there. Also Bassdude is similar to Ambassador, just lose one hole and slide one over. I try to make things easy on myself ;)

Shouldn't take long, I'll get them up on Tayda today and post the links with the others.

EDIT: Didn't take long, King Nothing and Bassdude drill templates are up.

Last edited:
King Nothing build doc has been uploaded, working on Bassdude now.
I was putting the resistors on the board and realized the build doc doesnt have the 470k resistors. I'm all out of those but I might have enough 422k and 51k to put in series in those spots. Would that be a bad idea considering the sensitivity of these circuits?

Back