Sea Horse (The Belafonte)

thedwest

Just finished up the Sea Horse build. Fun pedal with a lot of flexibility. Will probably take a while to dial but its fun to play with. I havent been that happy with how my waterslides have been turning out so, after reading the enclosure decoration thread, I tried my hand at printing a paper faceplate. I didn't have any spray adhesive, so i used a glue stick and let it dry for a while before hitting it with the clear coat. We'll see how it holds up in the long run but I'm pretty pleased with the look of it. I also used one of the Tayda predrilled enclosure for the first time and it definitely speeds up the process.

IMG_8790.jpeg IMG_8789.jpeg

I dont have my pcb yet but the build docs come with a "3mm red" for Diode D1? This is just a small light correct, but I do not see it on the build doc schematic. Did you have one?

Looks great! I have one of these in the queue. I like using the BLMS nuts on my pedals too, when I'm not using the light-up stomp switches. Was it tricky tightening the nut without knackering the paper label?

I dont have my pcb yet but the build docs come with a "3mm red" for Diode D1? This is just a small light correct, but I do not see it on the build doc schematic. Did you have one?

It's on the schematic, bottom center, next to IC4.2. FYI, this LED serves 2 or 3 purposes:
1) Indicates the pedal is engaged
2) Indicates the LFO speed
3) Creates a non-linear VCO control voltage (rev 1 only)

Yes, 3mm is a small LED.

Looks great! I have one of these in the queue. I like using the BLMS nuts on my pedals too, when I'm not using the light-up stomp switches. Was it tricky tightening the nut without knackering the paper label?
I like the light up ones that I’ve seen on your pedals. I just haven’t gotten around to getting any yet. Wasn’t really hard tightening. I had a nut on the inside and tested it on another enclosure so I knew where to set the inside nut so that the outside nut tightened squarely.

Makes perfect sense. I built two of these with 1/4watt resistors. I wonder if 1/8watt resistors would fix the tick.
unlikely that the wattage on the resistors would make a difference in the sound, even a small one.

It's on the schematic, bottom center, next to IC4.2. FYI, this LED serves 2 or 3 purposes:
1) Indicates the pedal is engaged
2) Indicates the LFO speed
3) Creates a non-linear VCO control voltage (rev 1 only)

Yes, 3mm is a small LED.
Ok thanks man. Looking at the pedal it is based on, I thought maybe that was a second LED to indicate LFO speed.

Back