Seabed / Deep Blue Delay

apc42069

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I was like 3% sure this file would print properly - really happy with Tayda on this one! Omitted gloss from the lettering & in/out/power.. looks more dramatic irl, but think it kinda comes across in this pic.

Fun little delay! It does swirly whirly shimmer type stuff better than tight slap back type stuff. Really cool in front of the Univibe.

IMG_4715.jpg IMG_4717.jpg IMG_4714.jpg

I was just looking at this board today. It's supposed to be pretty "analog-y". Do you think it is?
I do, yeah. I use a DM 2W for a ton of applications - sometimes just leave the thing on to fatten everything up.. the scope of this feels narrower.. I need more time with it for sue, but you're not gonna be bummed slapping one together yourself.

Yes. It’s a really nice delay. I had gone on a delay shopping spree last year, finally ending up with a Free the Tone Future Factory and a Meet Maude as the survivors, and truly love them both. Really felt more set with delays than I had any right to be. But had been curious about the Deep Blue for a long time (and really hadn’t been considering 3 knob delays during my quest)—so when I looked here and saw a board available, it was in the first batch I got.

It leaves my dry tone less affected than almost any delay I’ve tried, which is a huge plus. While you can’t control the delay mod, it is beautifully voiced, and rides very naturally with the dry. I use it for both slapback (a more subtle slapback, like the reflecting wall maybe has a thick ivy covering it, rather than the mirror-like slapback possible with the FF) and for 4 or 6 echo type delay, but again, dialed back as a subtle delay—but frankly, that’s how I tend to like delay anyway. It’s also very quiet. I’m very impressed.

A really nice looking build. I’m surprised the gradient came out as band free as it did—cool looking.

Yeah I agree with all the above, deep blue delay stripboard layout was the first pedal build I attempted (not a good idea to start) and the 2nd I completed, and it’s still among my favorite pedals. It’s not as dark as the mxr carbon copy, kinda sits between crisp digital and carbon copy. But to me the best way to describe it is “just right”.

I’d order a few pt2399s and socket, as there can be some variation with noise.

Great looking build!

Back