SOLVED Seabed delay layout wrong?

nhannah672

I built a seabed delay and it's only passing clean signal non of the knobs work. The build is impeccable clean solders no shorts have double checked all the part values even tried changing out my pt2399 and tl072. After looking closer at the layout all of the capacitors on the bottom row are shown on the layout as positive facing bottom but on the pcb they're all marked facing up. Which way is the correct orientation? Please fix this.

There's also an extra 10 resistor below the tl072 on this pcb that's not even on the schematic or the build docs. I removed that just out of curiosity and the delay fired right up.

There are no issues with the Seabed layout, your PCB is newer than the build documentation.

The capacitors were all oriented the same direction for uniformity. Follow the silkscreen on your PCB.

There's also an extra 10 resistor below the tl072 on this pcb that's not even on the schematic or the build docs. I removed that just out of curiosity and the delay fired right up.

That's a 10K pulldown resistor added to prevent popping when switching. If a 10 ohm was installed there it would definitely kill the signal.

Unless the build doc specifically calls out an orientation issue then go with the PCB. Also, post some pics of both sides of your board so we can help.

There are no issues with the Seabed layout, your PCB is newer than the build documentation.

The capacitors were all oriented the same direction for uniformity. Follow the silkscreen on your PCB.

That's a 10K pulldown resistor added to prevent popping when switching. If a 10 ohm was installed there it would definitely kill the signal.
I used 10k sorry that was typo on my part. I'm thinking maybe I had the solder jumped on that one because it works when I took it off.

The only differences are that the electrolytics were rotated so the positive side is up and the optional pulldown resistor was added.

The board will likely get another revision (cleaner layout, less crowded) before the docs are updated again.
Half the build documents on this website aren't matching anything I've ever ordered. This needs to take priority over waiting for layout revisions.

Strangest figure of speech ever, considering money does in fact grow on trees.
If you mean Apples & Oranges, you are correct!
It's a a figure of speech we use in Australia meaning Notes of Currency.
100K use to be the norm for pulldown resistors on the Output but I find 10K is more efficient when needed.

Unless it's apples, oranges, olives or peaches etc harvested and sold thus converted to currency...

In many countries, most bill production has been converted to a paper-like thin petroleum-based plastic product — a synthetic polymer such as biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP).

Despite polymer-bills being difficult to counterfeit due to the polymer-bills' security features — hard to reproduce but easy to use to verify note authenticity — the US continues to use the security feature of red and blue fibres distributed randomly throughout the 25% linen and 75% cotton blend that composes the US bank-notes.

So in fact, Money doesn't grow on trees.

It costs the US Federal Reserve from 7.7 cents to 19.6 cents per note to print "paper" money, proving the adage that...

... it takes money to make money.

I won't even get into the 1914 US$10 labyrinth, but according to many historians...

1599px-%22I_grew_hemp%22_defaced_1_dollar_bill%2C_USA%2C_1999._On_display_at_the_British_Museum_in_London.jpg

Above bill is on display at the British Museum in London.

Back