Seek Trem issues

Thewoodenone

I am not getting any lighting up of the LEDs. I am sure that the anode and cathode are correctly oriented according to the board layout. I am getting a low voltage reading on the anode of around .07 but three is 9.45 at the dc input. I have reflowed everything. Can you all see anything I am missing or a misplaced part?

Attachments

• seek trem low.jpg
    seek trem low.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 24
Okay, thanks. Have you verified all the parts yourself and visually inspected your joints? You mentioned reflowing everything, but there are a number of areas that look like they may need attention. The board should also be cleaned.

EDIT: Resistor values seem okay. Have you adjusted the trim pots at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: fig
I think I just found it. I ordered 10v 220u caps and the fine print on the board says 25v. That's what I get for ordering parts off a part list before I got the board. I'm pretty sure this is the issue but correct me if I am wrong.

I think I just found it. I ordered 10v 220u caps and the fine print on the board says 25v. That's what I get for ordering parts off a part list before I got the board. I'm pretty sure this is the issue but correct me if I am wrong.
Not ideal, but it should still function fine with a 9v adapter.

Without a schematic, I can’t really help you much more. Keep in mind, though, that LDRs are more sensitive than your eyes and the LED doesn’t need to get as bright as you may expect. Have you tried the circuit with audio (with the LED/LDR shielded from external light)?

I am not getting any lighting up of the LEDs. I am sure that the anode and cathode are correctly oriented according to the board layout. I am getting a low voltage reading on the anode of around .07 but three is 9.45 at the dc input. I have reflowed everything. Can you all see anything I am missing or a misplaced part?
You should see a Flat side at the base of your led's, - K = Cathode

1660660686692.png

Without a schematic, I can’t really help you much more. Keep in mind, though, that LDRs are more sensitive than your eyes and the LED doesn’t need to get as bright as you may expect. Have you tried the circuit with audio (with the LED/LDR shielded from external light)?
It's the new board from this site. I don't see a schematic for it on here.

What I usually do and would recommend in this build, is use my DMM to test each LED before putting in the board. That way I am sure of the orientation and more importantly it is not a dud. My two cents...

I have this build on my bench. The metal shaft pots have one or two tabs that need to be snapped off prior to installing…

before…tabs are making contact with 33kΩ resistors

3Yy2G3j.jpg

after…still plenty of support and hassle-free!

yvQMWNa.jpg

I have this build on my bench. The metal shaft pots have one or two tabs that need to be snapped off prior to installing…

before…tabs are making contact with 33kΩ resistors

3Yy2G3j.jpg

after…still plenty of support and hassle-free!

yvQMWNa.jpg
My pots are all plastic on the bottom and no contact is being made that I can see.

Back