DEMO Silicon Percolation Station

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Populated the board according to the doc, replaced Q1 with a 2N327A with an hfe of 14, Q2 is 2N3057 with and hfe of 213, diodes are infrared LEDs

After building the various vintage fuzz circuits, I think it's easy to say the Percolator is by far my favorite. I prefer them after buffers, but this one sounds pretty good straight from the guitar, whereas the germanium version is more like a really dark and muffled overdrive without a buffer hitting it.
I do have a preference for the germanium version over this one, but this was a fun build

1000026212.jpg 1000026213.jpg 1000026215.jpg

The FreqOut is used exclusively for its switchable buffer. I show off some clean up toward the end

Last edited:
Love it! Percolator content will continue until morale improves!

The knob stamps looks nice with that gorgeous enclosure, too. I tried punch-stamping some aluminum knobs and don’t think it looks nearly as nice as those big chonky ink stamps on yours (couldn’t find an anvil small enough to fit inside the knobs).

IMG_3489.jpeg

Love it! Percolator content will continue until morale improves!

The knob stamps looks nice with that gorgeous enclosure, too. I tried punch-stamping some aluminum knobs and don’t think it looks nearly as nice as those big chonky ink stamps on yours (couldn’t find an anvil small enough to fit inside the knobs).

View attachment 75294

I love the idea of punching the knobs!

Back