SOFTii Overdrive

The other Big question is what power supply are you using. Are you sharing (Daisy Chained) with Digital Effects?

If I'm honest, it's hard for me to be objective. I don't know if it improves or it is my desire to improve. The fact is that I see it better. I also watched an amateur video and heard more noise than the professional demos. I have to see Howard's video to see about the range of the controls and you always learn something with his videos.

I have a jim dunlop brick and it is one thing that i have to improve. Next thing to purchase should be a cioks or strymon power supply.
I would like to try bringing up the voltage on Q3,
That would mean removing R4 - 10K (Highlighted in Red on PCB) & replacing it with a temporary external pot.
This is easy enough, Just make a small hook to get under the resistor lead with easy access.
Heat the pad and lift gently till resistor pops out on one end & then easy access to heat & lift out resistor from remaining pad.

A B10K Pot will do.
Make the wires long enough to be outside the enclosure, Solder a wire to Pot Lug 2 & another wire to Pot Lug 1.
Attach 1 wire to R10 Solder Pad & other wire to opposite R10 Solder pad, creating a trimmer.
Now measure Q3 Drain & adjust Trimmer to 4.5v.
Do not knock or adjust Pot when set.
When you have achieved this, Plug the pedal in and see if there is a significant improvement.

R4 -10K Removal.jpg

Last edited:
Back