Solved - Mojito Diode question.

Dan0h

Just wondering of the Mojito builds who has subbed the diodes and what did you use? I have a pile of Russian varieties and will try some out but any head start would be appreciated. Was not able to source any BA482’s.

1N4148 is not a good sub for BA482 in the Mojito. I wasn't going to be so rude as to respond with 🖕so I went with :(
I’ve got a couple I’ll be building next week. Also have a handful of BA282’s -would those be closer to the BA482’s (I mean they have a BA and an 82) than the 1n4148’s? I’ll try a bunch, but since I’d like to get as close as possible to what you were going for. I’ve exhausted my resources looking for 482’s. Thanks and Merry Christmas good sir!!

BA282 should be a good sub for BA482. I don't have any BA282's, but I do have BA283's and they have a V-I curve that is very similar to BA482. Feel free to experiment with other diodes. The differences may be subtle and will be more apparent at higher DRIVE and BOOST settings.

BA282 should be a good sub for BA482. I don't have any BA282's, but I do have BA283's and they have a V-I curve that is very similar to BA482. Feel free to experiment with other diodes. The differences may be subtle and will be more apparent at higher DRIVE and BOOST settings.
Just noticed your response, thank you kindly!! Just in time for the build :)

Actually came across some BA482’s last night after searching one last time. I ordered a bunch if anyone needs a couple for the Mojito. In case you’d like a handful or so ill include the link below. The price is great for the item, shipping is a bit steep though. I just bought enough lots of 10 to justify (only one shipping charge per multiple lots purchased):

Reactions: fig
Back