SOT-23 to SOIC adapters?

Once you get used to the fine tip flux application and a quick wipe with a “moist” soldering tip, they’re not too bad. Where I’ve not been able to hand solder is when there is a ground plate underneath. I’ve had worse luck with baking, but in all honesty, did not try to many attempts. In all fairness though, by the time I had developed the nerve to try soldering these finer pitches, I had started working under a binocular inspection scope. It’s amazing how much easier it is to do things when you can really see what’s going on.

The post-it looks like a thick velvety felt pad.

Still no indication of size though, not without a standard pick or a JIII pick, or maybe a set of 9-50 strings... 😸
Squeeze your thumb and forefinger together, look through them towards the sun, crack them open until you start going blind.....it's about that big......

I have the adapters now...but, it's been very rainy and humid here. The EZ-bake does it's thing under the un-carport so I don't breathe the lead-filled snowshoe fumes, and I'm concerned the humidity would possibly effect the bond.

I'll give one a go later today..assuming I can find the little buggers.

Back