Spaceman Effects Gemini III Dual Fuzz

Understandable if you want a pedalpcb layout (aka smaller :D )

Seems to be the overall consensus on DEFX boards. I love big spacious boards but I seem to be in the minority! Also I can put way cooler artwork on a bigger canvas :D

I have built a few DEFX boards and have some that I still haven't built. They are all nice, but very big!

A good chunk of Spaceman boards are taken up by switching and rf filtering, both of which are overkill imo. They could be simplified quite a bit.

Hmm, if you took all of the controls off board you might stand a chance of fitting it to a 125b but you have 6 pots and two dpdt switches so it'll be a job.
Our Spaceman PCBs are no bigger than the originals. Granted there are a few others that could be smaller.

Hmm, if you took all of the controls off board you might stand a chance of fitting it to a 125b but you have 6 pots and two dpdt switches so it'll be a job.
Our Spaceman PCBs are no bigger than the originals. Granted there are a few others that could be smaller.

I've gotten four pots, three toggles, and two rotaries in a 125B, so nothing is impossible.... but yes, it'd be a heck of a challenge. :ROFLMAO:

I actually like larger format pedals, I'm not hell-bent on cramming everything into a package smaller than necessary unless it makes sense.... I really have no love for 1590A, not just from a builder perspective... they just aren't my thing.

I have an upcoming project that is much larger than it needs to be (by design), but it's all about aesthetics in this case.

I've gotten four pots, three toggles, and two rotaries in a 125B, so nothing is impossible.... but yes, it'd be a heck of a challenge. :ROFLMAO:

I actually like larger format pedals, I'm not hell-bent on cramming everything into a package smaller than necessary unless it makes sense.... I really have no love for 1590A, not just from a builder perspective... they just aren't my thing.

I have an upcoming project that is much larger than it needs to be (by design), but it's all about aesthetics in this case.
I hear ya, it's why we've taken to stacking boards. The synthi would have been huge otherwise, as would the infinity phase. I guess you could use smd parts but then you'd put a bunch of folk off.
I'm just embarking on a eurorack modular synth project, I hate soldering smd by hand ?

Back