Stomp switch wiring diagram

stevenh

I have a very stupid question. On the wiring diagram for the stomp switch, there are two wires that are gray? Are those jumper wires? Can I use any wire to jump the two points?

Thanks for your help?

I have a very stupid question. On the wiring diagram for the stomp switch, there are two wires that are gray? Are those jumper wires? Can I use any wire to jump the two points?

Thanks for your help?
Hi!

Not a stupid question in my opinion. To make sure you get the correct response can you share the type (3PDT?) a pic, and how you will use the switch?

Tim

Here is the switch I'm talking about. The red arrows show the wires I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Sabbath.png
    Sabbath.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 9
Yes, you may jump the contacts with the same hook up wire you use elsewhere in your project or you can use scrap pieces of bare solid wire from leads cut off of components such as resistors. The gray color was probably meant to suggest a bare lead, but its really up to you how you make the connection.

Getting two wires (gray and yellow) in the hole 1 can be tricky. I have been stripping the yellow wire long enough to make it through hole 1 and 8, then feeding the bare wire through hole 1, then through shrink wrap, then hole 8. As an added bonus, the heat from the soldering iron usually shrinks the wrap while soldering the two leads.

PXL_20210526_011611875 (1).jpg

The only stupid question is the one unasked.

If you go online and snoop about a bit, you'll find MANY ways to wire the 3PDT switch (search images).
There are advantages and disadvantages to each, but after a while you'll develop your own preference for which one works for you.

I love finding new ways of wiring switches. You never know when you'll need to adopt that "alternative" method, for whatever reason.

Back