Strat-o-tomfoolery 2024

MichaelW

Yes folks, it's that time again......:)

It's been a while since I messed with any of my builds.
But with the couple of hours of "feeling good enough to do something" I have on any given day, I replaced the pickups on my gold Strat.
The original build is documented here.

It's had a couple of pickup swaps since that thread, and this is the latest.

I decided to do an H-S-S configuration with spare pickups and parts I had on hand.

The neck and middle are Lollar Special S pickups, which are his "hotter" Strat single coils.
The bridge Humbucker is a Wolftone Marshallhead that was originally in my SG. Mine is an A2 magnet and clocks in a tad over 9.2k.
Which is a bit hotter than my usual tastes but it seems to work well on some guitars.

This was mostly a "keeping busy" project and since the body was already routed for a HB it was just a matter of ordering a pickguard.

I'm actually very surprised how much I like it! The pickups seem to work very well together. No fancy switching or coil splitting, just straight up 5 way Strat switching.
As with all my Strats I have the bridge wired to a dedicated tone control and the middle pickup bypasses the tone stack and goes straight to the jack.

I'm sure this guitar will make an appearance in a demo at some point...stay tuned:)

IMG_7041.JPG

IMG_7042.JPG

IMG_7043.JPG

I’ve missed your adventures in guitar modding! Glad you’ve got days with “better” hours in them—hopefully they continue to increase.

Great Strat trio.

I’ve missed your adventures in guitar modding! Glad you’ve got days with “better” hours in them—hopefully they continue to increase.

Great Strat trio.
My main issue is fatigue and nausea from the treatment. But on the positive side, unlike chemo, I've kept all my hair....... :LOL:

In fact, I haven't gotten a haircut since I made the decision to not go back to work. So I'm like an old hippy now...hah!

Back