Stuff

Yep. I still have it. It bet it would still work too…
probably leaky though. :ROFLMAO:

If anyone needs some of those mojo carbon resistors for the old-school Fuzz Face hit me up…I’ve got plenty. I’ll trade a set for a 20uF axial….okay you drive a hard bargain, I’ll take a 22uF…but it’s gotta be a gnarly one. Maybe I’ll throw in some transistors?

With all those old tubes lying around and only a good egg/bad egg tester to work with, I’ve decided I need to beef up my auditioning capabilities. As always I appreciate all input, criticism, ridicule, etc.

I’m starting with the single-ended 5F1. It’s easy to build (I’ve built another variant), and it has three common types of tubes; preamp, power, and rectifier. Since I’m not planning a cab build, I can either mod an existing chassis or have one fabricated to accommodate any extras for testing. I’ll also be futzing with a dummy load and maybe an attenuator if needed. I’m not settled on all the functionality beyond shoving in tubes and listening, so again, ideas are appreciated. I’d like some easily accessible test points (maybe thru the chassis surface access with labels) including at least two channels for the scope. Oh, and a good egg/bad egg test socket for each type, a pin straightener, and a bottle opener….okay maybe the pin straightener is over the top?

Spinning back around to the 16-segment displays, I’ve got some MAX7219s on the way to drive them, and I’m looking through the 👨‍💻 code. I’m not sure why, I have no earthly idea why they want to push aux around like that. Once that is sorted, I’ll dig out my Arduino and see if it still functions. I’ll need an enclosure for this as well, but I’m thinking something more au natural. Maybe I can find a nice hunk of wood from our mini-forest. I’ll miss that the most about this property. It’s two acres of wildlife. Taking a small piece with us would be nice.

Thanks for reading…

Got tube?

Mav9eud.jpg
That throw cushion pattern & colour-combo would look great on a TUBE *(or any) pedal — just sayin'.

Oh, and that footprint looked to be about big enough to be mine... 46.5/47 euro?

You will definitely need the Pin-Straightener if you don't get one, so just get one.

With all those old tubes lying around and only a good egg/bad egg tester to work with, I’ve decided I need to beef up my auditioning capabilities. As always I appreciate all input, criticism, ridicule, etc.

I’m starting with the single-ended 5F1. It’s easy to build (I’ve built another variant), and it has three common types of tubes; preamp, power, and rectifier. Since I’m not planning a cab build, I can either mod an existing chassis or have one fabricated to accommodate any extras for testing. I’ll also be futzing with a dummy load and maybe an attenuator if needed. I’m not settled on all the functionality beyond shoving in tubes and listening, so again, ideas are appreciated. I’d like some easily accessible test points (maybe thru the chassis surface access with labels) including at least two channels for the scope. Oh, and a good egg/bad egg test socket for each type, a pin straightener, and a bottle opener….okay maybe the pin straightener is over the top?

Spinning back around to the 16-segment displays, I’ve got some MAX7219s on the way to drive them, and I’m looking through the 👨‍💻 code. I’m not sure why, I have no earthly idea why they want to push aux around like that. Once that is sorted, I’ll dig out my Arduino and see if it still functions. I’ll need an enclosure for this as well, but I’m thinking something more au natural. Maybe I can find a nice hunk of wood from our mini-forest. I’ll miss that the most about this property. It’s two acres of wildlife. Taking a small piece with us would be nice.

Thanks for reading…

What variant did you build? I built a 5C1 a few years back and I love it for pedals.

Reactions: fig
You guys tube stashes remind me of my old film stash. I use to have boxes of 120 Kodak Fuji and Ilford varieties. It’s down to a large bag chilling in the basement. There is something special about all this old stuff. Yeah it can be a pain and cumbersome. But it inspired so much. 46C95D86-0C87-4DA1-B53D-4BBBCD83BABD.jpeg

You guys tube stashes remind me of my old film stash. I use to have boxes of 120 Kodak Fuji and Ilford varieties. It’s down to a large bag chilling in the basement. There is something special about all this old stuff. Yeah it can be a pain and cumbersome. But it inspired so much.
I have one drawer in a freezer full of various stuff - many rolls of Velvia, some Provia, Tri-X, HP5. 35mm, medium format.

I assembled my Psycho-Trem…initial test shows two LEDs that are not lighting, and one of those has an unresponsive pot. My guess is poor corresponding solder joints on the CD4017, so I’ll sort that bit. I did futz with the trimmers after the vid, the LEDs got brighter and the gain got gainier.(y) The overall audio effect is pretty groovy.:love:

I’m using a VTL5C2, and it is functioning perfectly.

Moving the CD4049 buffered / unbuffered saga here @Feral Feline .

I hear no true audible difference, but the proof is in the impedance if my thinking is correct. I’ll set up a 1Hz sine wave and a variable load between the circuit and the scope. I suppose I could also measure at the six input / output gate pins if needed. The pedal sounds great btw!

Back