Sunflower Fuzz

ebay has some European sellers for $10 for a pair (didn't check shipping). also some auctions for lots of 10 showed up. I've had good luck buying NOS Russian tubes from ebay, but obviously YMMV.

There are plenty of good sounding substitutes. Check Small Bear. Personally, I wouldn't attempt to buy any rare transistors (NKT275 included) unless they were tested and from a reputable source.

Your best bet is what alchemy suggested, but a tested pair from smallbear for a fuzz face.

I can also get you a matched pair as well of russian germaniums: hfe 90-100 for T1 and hfe 120+ for T2 for $10. I have a bunch.

There are plenty of good sounding substitutes. Check Small Bear. Personally, I wouldn't attempt to buy any rare transistors (NKT275 included) unless they were tested and from a reputable source.
Would his PNP (SINO) be an acceptable substitute? I've got a pair of those laying around. Not sure if I would need to change any values to accommodate them.

Would his PNP (SINO) be an acceptable substitute? I've got a pair of those laying around. Not sure if I would need to change any values to accommodate them.

The Sunflower is basically a Fuzz Face with an external bias control, so any PNP pair suitable for a FF should work fine.

The transistor sets from Smallbear sometimes come with a set of resistors for proper bias in a Fuzz Face circuit. I would ignore the resistor intended to go to the collector of Q2 (typically around 8.2K) since the external Bias control and trimpot will already cover that range.

Back