tap module on the Seabed Delay?

jrh312

I have one of the 2399 tap modules developed by Brian Thornock (seen at https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home/pt2399-tap-tempo).

However, I'm getting nothing from any of the pots and no delay. Totally clean signal regardless of whether the pedal is engaged or not.

I stepped through the schematic with a meter and am getting continuity everywhere I should be, to switches, jacks, and everything else. I think I have it narrowed down to the tap module possibly, because that pulls from Pin 6 which controls the timing on the delay. It's not a faulty module, I just think I hooked it up wrong.

The module consists of a delay pot, so the delay pot area on the PCB is now void. Directions with the module said to eliminate the delay pot and R17. Then use the pin 6 leg of R17 to go to the "pin 6" pad on the module.

Where does the other end of R17 go since the regular delay pot is no longer there? Right now I have the other R17 leg in the PCB where it would normally go but I don't think that's right.

You'd likely had to have used his module to know what I'm talking about, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1691022486351.jpg
    FB_IMG_1691022486351.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 15
You don’t need to install R17 at all.

One of the holes for R17 connects to pt2399 pin6, and the other hole connects to delay pot hole3 on the seabed pcb. You can figure out which R17 hole connects to pin6 either by visually looking at the traces or using the beep setting on a multimeter.

Just take the ‘pin6’ wire from the tap module and solder it to that R17 hole.

You don’t need to install R17 at all.

One of the holes for R17 connects to pt2399 pin6, and the other hole connects to delay pot hole3 on the seabed pcb. You can figure out which R17 hole connects to pin6 either by visually looking at the traces or using the beep setting on a multimeter.

Just take the ‘pin6’ wire from the tap module and solder it to that R17 hole.
Gotcha - that makes sense. It must be something else then because I did try that this morning..... Hmm....

I’d try adding a wire to a pot to mimic the seabed delay pot, to see if it’s the delay circuit. No need r17, just don’t turn the delay pot all the way to zero

Back