Taqueria Overdrive PCB - Available Now!

I know about the Supreaux Deux.
Just wondering whether this is literally just a Superbolt with fucked up biasing.

Just wondering whether this is literally just a Superbolt with fucked up biasing.

Almost, but not quite.

It has two sets of bias controls that can be selected by the Tacos! toggle switch.

Tacos switch up = Fucked up biasing (TACOS!)🌮:D
Tacos switch down = Proper biasing (no tacos....) 😞(n)

It also has the correct Gain toggle switch that was incorrectly traced years ago.

This project will be replacing the Super 64 since you can omit the Tacos switch and build the straight overdrive if you'd like.... no need for both.

Almost, but not quite.

It has two sets of bias controls that can be selected by the Tacos! toggle switch.

Tacos switch up = Fucked up biasing (TACOS!)🌮:D
Tacos switch down = Proper biasing (no tacos....) 😞(n)

It also has the correct Gain toggle switch that was incorrectly traced years ago.

This project will be replacing the Super 64 since you can omit the Tacos switch and build the straight overdrive if you'd like.... no need for both.
grateful for this one! i love messing with biasing.

@Robert am I correct in seeing that the bias of each of three stages is switchable between two trimmers? I read that it’s only Q3 that’s misbiased on the taco thing, so this should definitely be more interesting for experimentation in that case!

@Robert am I correct in seeing that the bias of each of three stages is switchable between two trimmers? I read that it’s only Q3 that’s misbiased on the taco thing, so this should definitely be more interesting for experimentation in that case!

The bias voltages of the Taco seem to be averaging around 7.5V, 9.7V, and 0.5V- 1V respectively, so that very well could be the case.

I can't recall what the bias voltage was on the first stage of the original Superbolt, but 9.7V sounds about right for the second stage. ~1V is clearly misbiased.

I suppose we could simplify the thing by only misbiasing the last stage, but more is more and the layout is done, so let's just keep it as-is. This way you can shift the bias of any combination of stages.... or heck, forego "proper" bias altogether and have two completely different off-bias settings.

I posted these on TGP, but these are the readings on my TacoBolt:

TP1: 7.52V
TP2: 9.73V
TP3: 0.80V

And Tone Ranger Audio posted these from his:
TP1: 7.34V
TP2: 9.72V
TP3: 0.66V

Will be buying the Taqueria when it's available! I was actually bugging JHS about modding a Superbolt 2 for me with a switch that goes between the Tacobolt and a Superbolt.

Does anyone have the actual bias's of a Superbolt V2?

If no one else posts them first I'll get them shortly.

Someone over in that same thread on TGP said that JHS told them to set all three trim pots to 9 O'Clock for stock Superbolt bias. My guess is that was a miscommunication and they actually meant 9V, which would make sense.

Someone in the JHS group on Facebook has a new Superbolt V2 on the way, they were going to post them as well. We'll be able to compare them if you or someone else has the numbers too.

This is one I'm super interested in- I used a Superbolt as my main drive for a few years, then sold it off during an amp building craze when it became redundant. I'd forgotten about it until the 'discontinued' notice when FOMO kicked in and the prices spiked.

Let's discuss menu-style knob designations:

Volume - Mas Tacos (or maybe just "Tacos" with Fender-style numbers around the knob)
Tone - Guacamole
Gain - Carne

Tacos toggle - Salsa / No Salsa
Gain toggle - Suave (low) / Picante (high)

View attachment 71454
Pixelbuddha's identity mockups https://pixelbuddha.net/search?text=identity+mockup are a game-changer for my branding projects! With their diverse range of templates, I can visualize brand identities with precision and professionalism. From sleek corporate designs to artistic concepts, these mockups elevate my presentations and ensure a cohesive visual identity. Pixelbuddha is my go-to resource for impactful branding.
wanna get same one day

Last edited:
A tunable pedal. Perhaps it should be called the Tuna Taco?
I mean that’s what Friedman or Steel Panther would have called it!

Back