Taqueria Overdrive PCB - Available Now!

The bias voltages of the Taco seem to be averaging around 7.5V, 9.7V, and 0.5V- 1V respectively, so that very well could be the case.

I can't recall what the bias voltage was on the first stage of the original Superbolt, but 9.7V sounds about right for the second stage. ~1V is clearly misbiased.

I suppose we could simplify the thing by only misbiasing the last stage, but more is more and the layout is done, so let's just keep it as-is. This way you can shift the bias of any combination of stages.... or heck, forego "proper" bias altogether and have two completely different off-bias settings.
Taco, burrito, what's coming out of your speedo?

Just checking again to see if anyone with a V2 Superbolt has been able to measure the voltages on the trimpots?

As for BOM, am I right to assume it's the same as the Super '64 but with an extra set of trimmers and the 3PDT toggle?

Thank you for this. Can't wait for the pcb to get here. Is there a reason build docs don't show target voltages? I don't mind reading through the boards to find out. Just curious.

Thank you for this. Can't wait for the pcb to get here. Is there a reason build docs don't show target voltages? I don't mind reading through the boards to find out. Just curious.
Be thankful we have build docs at all haha.

I know nothing but usually you bias JFETs to half the voltage supplied so in this case 9V. Misbias to taste for fun tones.

I put that doc together at 4am while I was up with my son, I plan to add a page with biasing instructions but haven't gotten there yet. :ROFLMAO:

Proper bias is around 9 - 9.5V on each transistor.

Taco bias seems to be averaging around 7.5V, 9.7V, 0.75V respectively, but I personally think it sounds better misbiasing Q1 instead of Q3.

Actual voltages will vary based on your transistors and adjustment by ear will be necessary.

I put that doc together at 4am while I was up with my son, I plan to add a page with biasing instructions but haven't gotten there yet. :ROFLMAO:

Proper bias is around 9 - 9.5V on each transistor.

Taco bias seems to be averaging around 7.5V, 9.7V, 0.75V respectively, but I personally think it sounds better misbiasing Q1 instead of Q3.

Actual voltages will vary based on your transistors and adjustment by ear will be necessary.
finished mine yesterday, i'll try the Q1 misbiasing. it's a nice sounding pedal but to me there isn't that much difference between bias modes. AND this is the first time i've actually biased with the meter! the little bias pads made it so easy, so thank you @Robert for finding the space to include those. i'll post a build report later today once i label the knobs and try the robert bias mode.

Back