Tayda Enclosure Warning

Dumb question maybe - but have you snapped off the little tab thingys on those pots?

I have some 9mm pots for a planned build, but I've never used them before, the tabs are real small, almost looks like you could leave them on for most applications, but maybe they'd buy you a little more space?
I've found that the pots don't sit right if you don't bust those little tabs off. They're more annoying to bust off than the tabs on the 16mm pots

Dumb question maybe - but have you snapped off the little tab thingys on those pots?

I have some 9mm pots for a planned build, but I've never used them before, the tabs are real small, almost looks like you could leave them on for most applications, but maybe they'd buy you a little more space?
Right. I've already removed the little tabs and filed the remnants.

That's what I do for 9mm, side-cutters then file any sharp bits off.

Honest—I wasn’t directing the caution to you!!😉 (or anyone, specifically)

As long as the enclosure is firmly held, so that it can’t raise up into the endmill, it would be hard to screw up. (I thought about suggesting a specific router jig, and then decided not to go there…)
I know it wasn't directed at me, but thought I would add emphasis to your cautionary statement.

"...it would be hard to screw up."
My drilling disasters are legendary, I've even won contests for my metal-shredding... whether hand-drilling or using a drill-press, I'll find a way to muck it up.

cat-black-cat.gif

cat-black-cat.gif

An alternative would be to make some deep nuts for the pots. Same idea as the bushings for guitar machine heads, just threaded on the inside. i make mine from bushings taken from some cheap Tayda 1/4" jacks. Takes me just a few seconds to cut the inside thread with a tap in a drill.

1.jpg

Back