Tearjoker Wah (Tearjerker foot-on-pedal with autoreturn)

NickC

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
the mechanical part with the self-return works perfectly, a momentary mini switch is installed in the heel, a toggle switch to switch from the classic to the "automatic" mode, the self-return was made with the iron plate located under the pedal , just disassemble it, fold it more and reassemble it upside down, practically the dunlop has always had the autoreturn in the wah, great.

The colors are inspired by "the joker" in fact this is a Custom Tearjoker Wah 😆

Now I just have to solder the switches and mount the pcb

@PedalPCB i have a video of the autoretun but it gives me error when i try to upload it

IMG-20230822-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20230822-WA0002.jpg IMG-20230822-WA0003.jpg IMG-20230822-WA0001.jpg

Video test of the autoreturn position

Last edited:
Great idea. Better than my rubber band trick.
The little metal strip that goes over the tread pin and screws into the base.
He flipped it over and only screwed the back part down so it acts as a spring and pushes the pedal back up to the heel position.

Great idea. Better than my rubber band trick.
The little metal strip that goes over the tread pin and screws into the base.
He flipped it over and only screwed the back part down so it acts as a spring and pushes the pedal back up to the heel position.
exactly, and the strength of the metal strip is adequate to press the momentary button smoothly, without creating too much resistance when wah is used with the foot.

better than this method I have seen the torsion springs that is mounted in some wahs.

How-Does-a-Morley-Wah-Pedal-Work.jpg

Last edited:

just found it, same idea but improved in fact at the head of the metal strip there is a spherical piece to improve the sliding of the pedal

This is definitely a good idea. I’m using a axefxiii and the movement of the pedal turns the effect on/off. I’ll be taking mine apart soon and flipping that metal bar over to check it out.

Woah! coolest wah I have seen since Snarling Dogs Bootzilla. And the auto-return mod is over the top. Nicely done Sir! Im gonna look into doing this mod to my wah
great, as soon as you do it show us, the only tricky part is to adjust the momentary button under the heel, you have to cut a small piece of it and remove the small rubber under the wah heel, to make it return exactly to the "closed" standby position

I would like to find a solution like a transparent "open and close window" to access the capacitors, with experience I like to change them according to the guitar, fender style gibson style.

Immagine WhatsApp 2023-09-02 ore 11.13.32.jpg

Back