Terrarium Stand (Template repository for terrarium)

fxwiegand

Hey guys,
i made a template repository for creating effects for the terrarium. This should make it super easy to create a new effect. Simply go to the terrarium stand repository on GitHub and click on "Use this template". Then build both daisy libs (more details in the README.md), maybe change the name of you pedal and you can start putting down your own audio processing in the code. The template already takes care of including the terrarium.h and most basic LED and switch handling. It also includes a README.md template (inside the your_pedal directory) that makes it easy to let others know what each knob and switch does.

I also have an example with a reverb created from the template right here. If you are only interested in the binary for the web programmer you can download the reverb.bin right here.

Let me know what you think and also if you find anything that could be added to the template.

Last edited:
Update: I added a workflow file to the template repository to activate GitHub Actions.

What this basically means is that every time you commit new changes to your pedal repository, GitHub automatically creates a new isolated environment (docker container) where the daisy libs and afterwards the binary for your pedal will be build. After that the final binary will be uploaded as an artifact and will be available for everyone to download directly from the bottom of the according workflow run summary page. Have a look at this run on my reverb for an example.

A big advantage of using GitHub Actions to do the build is the previously mentioned isolated environment that will be setup cleanly every time and makes it fully independent from any stuff that is happening on your local machine and might cause problems with a build. And the best thing is that you pretty much don't have to do anything for it besides changing one word in the workflow file (your_pedal to whatever your directory/pedal is named).

Again, if you have questions on how to use anything please let me know :)

I'm getting the error when I try to run "make program-dfu" that it needs to run "build/your_pedal.bin", which isn't in the directory. It looks like I need to add a build folder with the compiled binary of the .cpp in the your_petal. I'm on a Mac, and I can't seem to figure out how to make this .bin. Is there a simple way to do it?

P.S. I literally did the same thing yesterday and received no such error.

Last edited:
`make program-dfu` and related make commands (for example, just `make`) should create that .bin file. That's the actual program that gets downloaded to the Terrarium. The build process will also make the `build` directory. I just tried it out to be sure.

Post everything that `make program-dfu` output, that can help to get a hint.

I'm getting the error when I try to run "make program-dfu" that it needs to run "build/your_pedal.bin", which isn't in the directory. It looks like I need to add a build folder with the compiled binary of the .cpp in the your_petal. I'm on a Mac, and I can't seem to figure out how to make this .bin. Is there a simple way to do it?

P.S. I literally did the same thing yesterday and received no such error.
Like @Plate of Shrimp mentioned an error message would be quite helpful :)

If you can't figure it out you could just commit and push your changes to your repo (generated with the template) and then the binary will be automatically compiled by the GitHub action i set up. That way you can simply download the .bin file and use the daisy web programmer to program your seed.

Reactions: fig
Back