The Next Step...

Just throwing this out there. Do we want to take a fuzz circuit and tweak it to our liking or put a few circuit blocks together and tweak em individually (booster stage into clipping stage into eq stage and maybe a buffer)?

Are we doing bare (no copper), strip copper, pad-per-hole, etc? Or is it builder’s choice?

Just throwing this out there. Do we want to take a fuzz circuit and tweak it to our liking or put a few circuit blocks together and tweak em individually (booster stage into clipping stage into eq stage and maybe a buffer)?

This is a good idea. It’s a better deal-type of idea…as some would get more knowledge than just how to diy.
Are we doing bare (no copper), strip copper, pad-per-hole, etc? Or is it builder’s choice?

Good point. I think thar bridge is well off in the distance, though. Let’s add point-to-point to that list, just to intimidate the fence-sitters…

This is a good idea. It’s a better deal-type of idea…as some would get more knowledge than just how to diy.

Good point. I think thar bridge is well off in the distance, though. Let’s add point-to-point to that list, just to intimidate the fence-sitters…
Sorry, had my long-range scanner active. 🤷‍♂️

for suggesting projects, I think the Interfax Harmonic Percolator has a relatively low parts count and lots of room for interesting variations (like the Catalinbread Karma Suture, e.g.).

for suggesting projects, I think the Interfax Harmonic Percolator has a relatively low parts count and lots of room for interesting variations (like the Catalinbread Karma Suture, e.g.).

Very good suggestion. There is also a lot of room in that one to play around with different transistors…

Last edited:
This is how I would break it down:
1. What do I want to make?
2. What topology do I want to use?
3. What's the detailed design?

for example:
A dirt pedal with a weird ass filter hooked to it. Filter before or after the dirt? I don't know, that could be an experiment.

A twin-tee filter and a bazz-fuss (because they are simple, cheap, and low part count)

I don't know. I'll do some reading on how the part values impact each of those circuits and fiddle with it (Earthquaker style, because I don't know how to simulate it, what to look for, or what I'm doing in general)

or:
1. A Rat! With an HM-2 style tone stack (like those drunk beaver things)
or:
1. A parallel distortion with a blend knob
or:
1. Hook a green ringer to something (and then add a simple boost, paint it with a Patrine Cross and sell it for $800. . . badda-bing!) 🤑💲💰
or:
etc, etc

This is how I would break it down:

for example:
A dirt pedal with a weird ass filter hooked to it. Filter before or after the dirt? I don't know, that could be an experiment.

A twin-tee filter and a bazz-fuss (because they are simple, cheap, and low part count)

I don't know. I'll do some reading on how the part values impact each of those circuits and fiddle with it (Earthquaker style, because I don't know how to simulate it, what to look for, or what I'm doing in general)

or:
1. A Rat! With an HM-2 style tone stack (like those drunk beaver things)
or:
1. A parallel distortion with a blend knob
or:
1. Hook a green ringer to something (and then add a simple boost, paint it with a Patrine Cross and sell it for $800. . . badda-bing!) 🤑💲💰
or:
etc, etc
Combo circuit ie ALL of the above... one enclosure, one bypass footswitch.

A pink tinfoil tree...

170px-The_Childrens_Museum_of_Indianapolis_-_Aluminum_Christmas_tree.jpg

Good grief...

Back