DEMO The Samurai (Doxie Pre Amp)

This post contains an audio or video demo
I'am interested in buying one pcb for Doxie, Cobbler and Bobby, but there still no build documentation available. I prefer to build them knowing the schematics of what I will build so that if I f'd up, it will be easier to troubleshoot because I have schematics as a map.

My question is, if ever I order a pcb that doesn't have available build doc, should I expect that they will send me a hard copy or a link where I can see the schematics?
I believe there is a Missing Schematics/Build Doc thread here. If you check up regularly it might pop up. Or you can ask @Robert he might have one ready already. Im going to be honest though this build is very easy and all the Values are screen printed on there. I can take a pic of my hand written BOM. It lead me to success 🤷‍♂️

UPDATE: So I just cranked the vol on my guitar and theres the gain i was originally talking about! Its there you just have to push it a bit!

GREAT pedal and build report.

About Samurais being respected in all all cultures...

I'd say it's a bit divided in Car Culture, my friend had a Suzuki Samurai, pale-piss yellow/rust, but it sure was fun and he off-roaded it and kept up with the big-trucks no problem.

GREAT pedal and build report.

About Samurais being respected in all all cultures...

I'd say it's a bit divided in Car Culture, my friend had a Suzuki Samurai, pale-piss yellow/rust, but it sure was fun and he off-roaded it and kept up with the big-trucks no problem.
I completely forgot about that little thing! Off roading in that? Those must’ve been some fun days! 😎 My dad had only a 4 cylinder Jeep but that thing surprisingly kept up with everything in the trails! It’s not about what you got it’s all about how you navigate 😉

thank you very much for this report!

I'm really considering building this;

The main reason is that some pedals, although are sold as "preamps", were not meant to be used straight into a power amp/cabinet; (for example: Friedman ones, Victory V1, Abasi Pathos, etc); I think they just don't sound as good as in front of a clean amp, and all of them are only demoed this way by the manufacturers;

So this Doxie Preamp (besides being of the Victory V1 "preamps"/drive pedals) seems to be a great platform to receive/stack with dirty pedals (Dirty Sanchez in my case) and send them direct into power-amp emulation + Impulse Response

So I intent to keep it after my distortions, and when using the pedalboard in front of an amp, use this preamp as a really fancy solo boost with full EQ instead of an 1 knob boost :)

So I intent to keep it after my distortions, and when using the pedalboard in front of an amp, use this preamp as a really fancy solo boost with full EQ instead of an 1 knob boost :)
So this is how ive seen it used on Andertons Youtube channel when they were demoing it. I completely agree using as a boost is the way to go! I say go for it! I think your going to really love this pedal! I need to get a pedal board to make this a permanent pedal for me!

Back