Thermionic Deluxe one side working, at least.

Josh_Shoe

Hey y'all out on vacation building the thermionic deluxe. Spent a good bit of time today building and taking breaks. Taking it for a test I found the top side of the pedal is working (I'll include a short vid), but not the bottom. Sound does come through but almost sounds like another signal is too. Not sure what's wrong except double checking the pots making sure they're not touching the board or each other. I will post some photos of it as well. Thanks.

Here are links to HQ Pictures and vids. Pics Video

P.S. the LEDs are unclipped since I'm deciding which ones I like.

Gotcha! I thought the positions of the wiring were similar based upon where they were soldered for the 4 leads. I guess I was in a hurry to get it hooked up and tested! I will wire her up they way it should be and report back. 👍
You can't use a breakout board on the channel selector, only on the bypass switch, also use a little less solder and trim your leads closer

Gotcha! I thought the positions of the wiring were similar based upon where they were soldered for the 4 leads. I guess I was in a hurry to get it hooked up and tested! I will wire her up they way it should be and report back. 👍
If you look at the wiring for the two switches in the build docs, you'll see the bypass without a breakout board has some jumpers and the selector doesn't, those jumpers are wired into the breakout boards.

Do you have Plastic Dust Covers on the bottom row of Potentiometers???
Nope I was curious about that. I was going to put two long strips running across the backsor I have a liquid type electrical tape I could pant the backs with. Also the ribbon cable for the breakout switch was severed. Which may be the reason why I have no sound.

Nope I was curious about that. I was going to put two long strips running across the backsor I have a liquid type electrical tape I could pant the backs with. Also the ribbon cable for the breakout switch was severed. Which may be the reason why I have no sound.
Definately why you have no Sound if any of the Ribbon cable is damaged!
You HAVE to insulate that Bottom row.
Do you have a strip of Plastic you can cut like an Icecream Lid or Container, Insulation tape is Crap!

Definately why you have no Sound if any of the Ribbon cable is damaged!
You HAVE to insulate that Bottom row.
Do you have a strip of Plastic you can cut like an Icecream Lid or Container, Insulation tape is Crap!
I HAVE SOUND NOW! lol the ribbon cable attached to the breakout board I was using is very thin and from moving the pedal around just tore it up, even though I wasn't being rough. Regardless.. I replaced the leads with regular wire and wired up the a/b switch like I should've in the first place and everything works! 👍

On the insulation I'm sure I can find something. I won't use tape but I could use something like this
I've use it for marine connections exposed to waster and what not. Good stuff. Just maybe a thin layer on the back should do the trick I think.

Reactions: fig
I HAVE SOUND NOW! lol the ribbon cable attached to the breakout board I was using is very thin and from moving the pedal around just tore it up, even though I wasn't being rough. Regardless.. I replaced the leads with regular wire and wired up the a/b switch like I should've in the first place and everything works! 👍

On the insulation I'm sure I can find something. I won't use tape but I could use something like this
I've use it for marine connections exposed to waster and what not. Good stuff. Just maybe a thin layer on the back should do the trick I think.
I personally wouldn't use it if you need to repair a solder joint.!
When you go to tighten the pots in the Enclosure is when you have trouble with them compressing on the PCB &shorting out!
Get Plastic Dust covers for future builds!!!

Back