Thermionic Deluxe testing issue...

ANGRY_SWEDE

My usual "go-to" method for testing a circuit is to simply connect [+] [-] IN and OUT of each channel. Is this not possible to test each channel of the Thermionic Deluxe individually w/o everything being wired together? My breakout box was connected to IN and OUT pads in place of 3PDT, but I was only able to get signal from the set of right side pads [top row of pots], not the LEFT side of pads [bottom row of pots]. I reflowed everything on the bottom half of the pcb to no avail.

Thank you for any help, in advance!

you most likely need the second footswitch wired into the pcb to be able to test the entire board with the in and out wires that go from/to the main footswitch. I have not built this pedal but that seems like a reasonable guess having seen that the schematic in the build doc shows a separate input and output for the second part of the board.

you most likely need the second footswitch wired into the pcb to be able to test the entire board with the in and out wires that go from/to the main footswitch. I have not built this pedal but that seems like a reasonable guess having seen that the schematic in the build doc shows a separate input and output for the second part of the board.
Yeah, most likely. I was just moving my breakout box over to the second footswitch position to test other circuits. I will give that a try with both switches.

You were correct. Both 3pdt wired up is needed to test both channels. Cheers!

Back