Top Five

Who would do such a thing??!
@benny_profane Some damn fool
I could listen to you ramble for days. This is exactly what this thread is for: growing our wishlists using recommendations from people we trust. (y)
Well thank you, don't worry I am back working on videos and should be releasing them shortly. Plenty of rambling like an idiot but with much better quality.

I'm that guy. :ROFLMAO:

Well thank you, don't worry I am back working on videos and should be releasing them shortly. Plenty of rambling like an idiot but with much better quality.

I just watched your Pharmacist video from 2021. It's going in my next PPCB order.
Just when I think I've built everything I need… along comes another must build.

I'd actually be more interested in which pedals end up on our pedal boards. I personally have built about 30 pedals since I started this journey, but only one of them has ended up on my gigging board.

!!! Only one out of 30?
I'm dying to know which one it is, and which other pedals are on your gig board.

!!! Only one out of 30?
I'm dying to know which one it is, and which other pedals are on your gig board.
It's the Nobelium. I absolutely love this pedal. It has totally changed the way I approach the bass. Don't get me wrong, there are pedals that I have built that I love, but my gigging board was already set up for versatility. As a bass player in a cover band, I need a lot of flexibility (and as a dude who broke his hip a couple of years ago, I appreciate a light weight board). On my board is a Cali 76 by Origin Effects (not gonna beat that one with a DIY), a Digitech Drop (because our guitarists love to play in all sort of weird tunings), an HX Stomp XL for basically everything else. I had a Dark Glass bass pre-amp that I replaced with the Nobelium, which was a game changer for my playing. I sometimes put a PolyTune on the board because it's a nice blend of accuracy without being too finicky.

I'd actually be more interested in which pedals end up on our pedal boards. I personally have built about 30 pedals since I started this journey, but only one of them has ended up on my gigging board.
I've built well over 100 and my pedalboard is like 80% diy. It would be higher if my OC-2 didn't sound barely noticeably but still slightly better than my ocelot.

What pedals ended up on your board?

Thumbsucker, Gnat (dizzy tone), arcadiator, wavelord, cinnabar/creampie, Kliché mini boneyard, flyleaf, Mbp gas tank/junk trunk, cordyceps, VIIB, VFE minimu, XC phase, Celestial electric ladyland flanger, low tide, electric druid filterfx, Drebbel, frequency interchange, Sushibox nobelium. Oh, also one dc isolator.

The dirts n fuzzes change pretty often. There's usually a curds n whey in there but not right now.

Non diy pedals are OC2, EHX H.O.G. DOD Rubberneck, meatbox reissue.

Last edited:
Thumbsucker, Gnat (dizzy tone), arcadiator, wavelord, cinnabar/creampie, Kliché mini boneyard, flyleaf, Mbp gas tank/junk trunk, cordyceps, VIIB, VFE minimu, XC phase, Celestial electric ladyland flanger, low tide, electric druid filterfx, Drebbel, frequency interchange, Sushibox nobelium. Oh, also one dc isolator.

The dirts n fuzzes change pretty often. There's usually a curds n whey in there but not right now.

Non diy pedals are OC2, EHX H.O.G. DOD Rubberneck, meatbox reissue.
I built an XC Phase, which I think is awesome, and the thumbsucker in quickly rising in my build pile.

I built an XC Phase, which I think is awesome, and the thumbsucker in quickly rising in my build pile.
Yeah I went on a phaser quest a while back and somehow landed on an earlier build. Others do more fun stuff but I was admittedly using the polyphase out of vanity more than tonal preference. The xc just "does the thing" and does it very well. Also @fig gave me the matched fets so it's got the most mojo.

and (as usual) @Feral Feline :

...Then factor in what amps, what guitars/pickups, playing styles, musical (& non-musical) genres... We get right back to the whole
"One Player's permanent-on-the-pedalboard Is Another Player's dust-gathering-paperweight."

I did my best to keep us on the subject, but i'll admit i let both of them push me on the wrong path, very briefly. It won't happen again.

Edit : In defense for our dear and distinguished fellow members, post #66 also acted as trigger for all this bewilderment, let's be honest.

I was putting things back on track, if anything!

Spanish_River_derailment_aftermath.jpg

Back
Top Bottom