Transistor Sockets...

I've stopped using them. I breadboard my circuit and carefully build it afterward. Sockets seem to have variable grip strength.

I've been using sockets for transistors in fuzz builds recently. When I'm done testing I desolder the socket and solder the transistor in place. I've been testing transistors at various gain buckets and bias at band rehearsal. A breadboards just not practical for that.

Can’t answer your exact question but if they have standard female header strips you can pull a pin out on the side of the amount of sockets you need (so for 3, the 4th pin) and then use an x-acto knife or something similar to cut to the desired number “through” that extra pin that you just took out.

In my experience these don’t grab transistor leads as well as the round machined SIP pins but if you tin the leads so they’re thicker they should hold decently
I wondered because the ic legs are a bit different like you said. Probably worth just ordering the proper strip from Amazon. It will be here the next day but i have to buy 10.
Thanks
Pb

Do you have a real brick and mortar electronics store? If so I'm jealous.

I didn't appreciate the Radio Shack stores as much as I should have before they all closed.

It would be amazing to be able to drive down the street and grab the one capacitor I forgot to order.
Nextgenguitars is close by but you have to order on line Anna pick it up the next day. They are great to have in town! I wish radio shack was still around

Pb

Back
Top Bottom