Trembling Loon Tremolo - silences when I put the lid on

alvaro

The Trembling Loon Tremolo when i fix the lid on the on the box goes to silencia, there is all warks fine, anyone have idea of will happend.
Thanks a lot

Most likely cause would be the box bottom touching something (maybe the lug from one of the sockets) and shorting it out. So, I’d start by looking at anything that might come into contact with the bottom as it gets screwed down. If it’s a part that can’t be repositioned easily, try putting two layers of electricians tape on the bottom around where the contact would be.

Welcome to the forum. It’s generally a good idea to post some “gut shots” when asking for help troubleshooting.

Most likely cause would be the box bottom touching something (maybe the lug from one of the sockets) and shorting it out. So, I’d start by looking at anything that might come into contact with the bottom as it gets screwed down. If it’s a part that can’t be repositioned easily, try putting two layers of electricians tape on the bottom around where the contact would be.

Welcome to the forum. It’s generally a good idea to post some “gut shots” when asking for help troubleshooting.
hi Alan, i've done put electrician but not solved, when i put the lid goes to silence even the sound goes out as the lid goes near until touch both thn silence

Attachments

• IMG_20240829_162906.jpg
    IMG_20240829_162906.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240829_162912.jpg
    IMG_20240829_162912.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240829_162902.jpg
    IMG_20240829_162902.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 25
I think @phi1 has the answer—when you say that it works with the cover off, are you getting a tremelo like sound, or is it sounding like a guitar being played? Looking at your circuit board, there’s an empty spot, with an “a” and a “k” labelled near the holes. A led goes there, with that little flat part that is next to it, bent to face the led. That’s the part of the circuit that makes the tremelo throb, and with the cover off, the light makes it work. When you close it, it goes silent. Put the led there, and point the ldr at it.

Back