Tremulus Lune (PPCB Trembling Loon)

SYLV9ST9R

In my evergoing quest to find a tremolo, I think I finally have one that will stay on my board for a while (might try the Pendulous in the future, who knows!)
I just boxed it yesterday, so I have a bit more fiddling to do, but I like what the controls do as it gives you different usable options. Only thing I might do down the line is look at some mods to slow the rate down. But more than fine as it is for now.

Went with the pearl gray enclosure from Tayda which has a really nice dark greyish hue with very light sparkling.
And that's not a white washer, but a purple (well more pinkish) illuminated 3pdt!
And thanks for my RAD dude @peccary for sending me some 5516 LDR (build reports of his Dizzy Elk coming, just got to try all those diodes!).

IMG_4279.jpg IMG_4282.jpg

Great build. Love the art. This one is on my super long list. Is that the recommended orientation for the LED on this one?

Great build. Love the art.
Thanks!
This one is on my super long list. Is that the recommended orientation for the LED on this one?
I wasn't sure about that myself.
Looking at some build reports, some people put the LED upright, but also my thinking was that it would be this way in a vactrol, so I went like this.
Most importantly, it sounds good, so I don't feel the need to experiment with different placement

Great build. Love the art. This one is on my super long list. Is that the recommended orientation for the LED on this one?
I haven't built a loon, but I've built two Sproing deluxe, and that orientation has worked out best on that one.

Nice build!

This is my favorite trem so far. I want to try the pendulous version of it also.
Beautiful and well put together! Your pedals are always awesome to look at!
Thanks guys. I probably spend more time than I should on it sometimes, but I do enjoy the design part of it.
I haven't built a loon, but I've built two Sproing deluxe, and that orientation has worked out best on that one.
Yep, I had done "homemade" vactrols on my Pendulum and sounded great also

Looks great! I really dig how you did the geometrics with the labels. Everyone needs a good trem, sometime finding one you like isn’t as simple as you would think at least that’s been the case for me.
Thanks! The shape were kind of a nod to what 4ms does with the design on their eurorack modules.
I agree with you, the chase for a tremolo that suits you can be hard, and you always miss some bits for the ones you let go...

Looks great, man - your builds never disappoint. Always well through out from start to finish!
Thanks Joe! Now just need to finish the diode testing on the Elk! Kids at home due to the teachers’ strike getting in the way ;)

Last edited:
Beautiful! Super-tasteful!

Pearl-Grey with purple and the simple but extremely effective graphic treatment — great visual interest!

Best part is your finding a keeper-circuit you like.

Back