Tube driver, sample reducer, RNGD

Stickman393

Tube driver, awesome. Really happy with this one. A TH customs board, two sintered bronze filters on the bottom, lots of chemical smudging and purposeful dings and scratches.

Sounds like, great. Really. Love it.

IMG_20211009_233739__01_copy_1432x1909.jpg
IMG_20211024_164901__01_copy_1974x1481.jpg
IMG_20211024_165119_copy_1920x1440.jpg

RNGD. Effects layouts. Still waiting for the knobs to come in to finish this one. Interesting little fuzz noisebox with a PT2399 at it's core. Weird pitch shifting glitch box. Gonna play around with it a bit more.

IMG_20211024_165226__01_copy_1447x1929.jpg
IMG_20211024_165335_copy_1399x1864__01.jpg

Sample reducer, parasit studio. Not gonna lie, it's a little "meh" for me at the moment. Dont even want to post a photo of the inside, not really proud of that on this one. Imma gonna fix that eventually.

IMG_20211024_164214__01_copy_1723x2296.jpg

Truly awesome. I’ve had my own issues with this ‘internal’ tube driver project. It’s very nice to see successful builds. The bronze filters help keep the tubes from overheating? Have you played it for an extended amount of time? Truly wonderful builds. 👍🏻

Truly awesome. I’ve had my own issues with this ‘internal’ tube driver project. It’s very nice to see successful builds. The bronze filters help keep the tubes from overheating? Have you played it for an extended amount of time? Truly wonderful builds. 👍🏻

Overheating is something that I was concerned about with this build. Its a tiny little enclosure, and it pulls a lot of current for a pedal. 300-500ma...ish. I haven't actually gone in with my multimeter to check.

So...4.5 watts, a hair over 15btu/h. Certainly enough that if enclosed it could get toasty on a warm day in there.

The pneumatic bronze filters were added for a bit of flair, and to to provide a lower path for cool air to replace the warm air leaving the enclosure through the top window.

I *did* end up using a switching regulator for the 6v portion, so that cuts down on the heat a hair.

This is certainly an overkill vent job. Something else to try would be to paint the inside of the enclosure black...if we want to get super physics-y with it.

Why? It would turn the entire enclosure into something of a radiant heat sink. A bare aluminum enclosure on the inside is gonna act a little bit like a heat blanket, reflecting radiant heat back into the enclosure. Paint the inside black, though, and the enclosure itself will become much more efficient at pulling heat from the circuit and dissipating it to the outside.

Radiant heat transfer. It's a trip. Same reason you don't wanna build a black fuzz GE fuzz pedal and play it on a summer day in the sun.

I liked this one so much that I ended up buying another round of boards...another like this, another for a 125b, plus their jfet version in addition to the PedalPCB MOSFET driver that I already have. Ohh, then CHUCK decided to post HIS take on the MOSFET driver? Imma have to build that too.

Did you 3D print the ECC81 tube holder or can I purchase that somewhere?

Bought it, though he does provide the file to print if you want to do it yourself.

Thinking for my next build I'll probably do it myself...got a perfectly good UV-RESIN type that needs to be used.

I love how stickman has planted his stick in the ground and found HIS thing and not just doing what everyone else does. Well played @Stickman393

Shucks. To be fair, Randall Munroe carved out this space long ago. I'm just squatting and hoping he isn't litigious.

Bought it, though he does provide the file to print if you want to do it yourself.

Thinking for my next build I'll probably do it myself...got a perfectly good UV-RESIN type that needs to be used.

Shucks. To be fair, Randall Munroe carved out this space long ago. I'm just squatting and hoping he isn't litigious.
I would love to try and print this out. How do I obtain the file? Is there a website?

Back