Tupperware

kristopher

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
When I build, I test the guts before popping them into an enclosure.
Most of the time, they're loose on the floor. And in the past, if I wanted to jam/gig with the circuit, I would use an enclosure that I fawked up drilling, or, occasionally a cardboard box.
Instead of getting a prototype board, I made my own. In an easily drill-able, and seal-able, durable container.
And it’s dishwasher safe.
Here is an AMZ mini-booster, with an input pot, and Gain capacitor switch. With an AMZ mosfet boost. And an order switch. In Tupperware.
All the wires are kept long, until I decide if they belong together, or with other circuits, in proper aluminum boxes. Or perhaps more mods need to be made. Here are the links, for those that are unfamiliar with these two circuits.

It was a lot of fun drilling this thing. No pilot holes needed. And clean up was minimal.
I hope this inspires some of you. High Five.

Attachments

• IMG_1944.jpeg
    IMG_1944.jpeg
    735.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1946.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpeg
    615.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1865.jpeg
    IMG_1865.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 47
I’ve never seen that clamp thing, and had to google it. Very clever.
I think I may splurge and buy a bunch of sockets. See if I can’t improve this Tupperware. Like, attach them to the jacks and stuff.

You can attach power to one four pole clamp and I/o to another 4 pole clamp. Assuming you have your pots installed, that's all you need. I run Dupont to banana jack wires to a old box that has power and io jacks. There's several ways to interface them though. Someone here, krsound maybe¿, has a PCB mounted to one with jacks on it.
Once it's setup, it's real quick. Not pedalboard worthy, but I toss the whole bit on a cheap cutting board and take it to the amp if I want to hear it on the main rig.

I have a few male to female jumper wire sockets. And was eye-balling a few packs at a local brick and mortar store. I’m gonna whip something up when I get the chance later this week.
I love the idea of using a cutting board. Haha

Back