Tweed man overdrive lot of volume

salin4

Hi,

I've just finished the tweed man overdrive and It sounds ok but I'm not sure that everything's ok.

1) I have a lot of volume even with vol at 0 and gain at 0 (In this case, it sounds about as loud as when the pedal is bypassed ). Is it ok ?

2) It seems there is not a lot of treble ( in the" stock bass mode" whereas the" secret lead" has enough of it). Is it something known with this pedal ? If no Is there a way to have more highs in the" stock bass mode" ?

3 Is it possible to have less gain only in the "secret lead mode" ? ( I have already removed the 4u7 and it sounds better to my ear in the stock mode , I don't need less gain in this mode)

Here is the transistors voltage : ( I put pn4393 )
Q1: D :4,7 S 0,9 G: 0
Q2: D: 9,08 S: 5,64 G: 3
Q3 : D:4,90 S: 0,83 G: 0
Q4: D: 9,08 S: 5,5 G: 3
Q5: D: 9 S: 5,2 G: 2,15

Thanks for your help !

Attachments

• _copie-0_Tweed man mine.jpg
    _copie-0_Tweed man mine.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the reply !
Vol pot is insulated but not gain pot.
I've put the pcb out of the box and .... It works better ! Thanks ! the pedal is now silent when vol is at 0.
I've put some electrical tape to insulate the gain pot ( cf photo) it should work in the box now.
I checked the trasistors voltage again they are still the same:

( I put pn4393 )
Q1: D :4,7 S 0,9 G: 0
Q2: D: 9,08 S: 5,64 G: 3
Q3 : D:4,90 S: 0,83 G: 0
Q4: D: 9,08 S: 5,5 G: 3
Q5: D: 9 S: 5,2 G: 2,15

I noticed that when I put the gain at Max value, I have feedback ( only in the " secret lead mode").
I won't need that much gain so it's ok but I wonder if it's a "normal" behaviour".

Still have some questions from the last post :

2) It seems there is not a lot of treble ( in the" stock bass mode" whereas the" secret lead" has enough of it). Is it something known with this pedal ? If no Is there a way to have more highs in the" stock bass mode" ?

3 ) Is it possible to have less gain only in the "secret lead mode" ? ( I have already removed the 4u7 and it sounds better to my ear in the stock mode , I don't need less gain in this mode) .

Thanks.

Attachments

• _copie-0_Tweed man underside.jpg
    _copie-0_Tweed man underside.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 16
  • _copie-0_Tweed pot.jpg
    _copie-0_Tweed pot.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 16
Back