Twill Deluxe

mywmyw

I was curious about this pedal cause I'm a big fan of josh smith. to be totally honest, I found it underwhelming, like every other lovepedal offering. I used stickers form the dollar store, in keeping with the original's aesthetic. the MDMA or any bluesbreaker style pedal does what this does but has a lot more to offer besides. looking forward to unloading it to someone's dad.

Attachments

• 82873239_635926850548921_1666781218785460224_n.jpg
    82873239_635926850548921_1666781218785460224_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 33
In case anyone is interested I made a demo of this. The only demo of it w good audio is Andy's from PGS, and as good as he is, every pedal sounds about the same to me in his hands. I mostly wanted to see how this cheap 115 combo I picked up records/takes pedals, but I'll be damned if this pedal doesn't sound pretty good. I might revise my opinion... and keep it.

Thinking of doing lots more demos, especially of PPCB projects. So many crappy phone demos out there of gear.

Last edited:
If you can find the one situation where they sound good Lovepedals are ok. But generally I agree - underwhelming and way over-hyped. So often they sound good if you use the right guitar and amp and use one setting - and at all other times they're just meh. I have a Lovepedal Eternity which I bought in a shop in NJ because I loved being there and wanted a keepsake. It's crap. But with my Les Paul through one amp I have it all makes sense. With anything else it sounds thin and muddy at the same time.

I have a growing list of brands which I have vowed never to buy again.

If you can find the one situation where they sound good Lovepedals are ok. But generally I agree - underwhelming and way over-hyped. So often they sound good if you use the right guitar and amp and use one setting - and at all other times they're just meh. I have a Lovepedal Eternity which I bought in a shop in NJ because I loved being there and wanted a keepsake. It's crap. But with my Les Paul through one amp I have it all makes sense. With anything else it sounds thin and muddy at the same time.

I have a growing list of brands which I have vowed never to buy again.

I found that most of Lovepedal designs and a few others sound best through a very loud blackface style amp.

I built the twill deluxe and haven’t found a great use for it but love the je taime, especially with a jfet boost into it into a loud blackface amp.

In case anyone is interested I made a demo of this. The only demo of it w good audio is Andy's from PGS, and as good as he is, every pedal sounds about the same to me in his hands. I mostly wanted to see how this cheap 115 combo I picked up records/takes pedals, but I'll be damned if this pedal doesn't sound pretty damn good. I might revise my opinion... and keep it.

Thinking of doing lots more demos, especially of PPCB projects. So many crappy phone demos out there of gear.
Sounds good to my ears!
I built a Tchula on vero and I love it. It’s supposed to be the white one that Josh uses.

I keep toying with the idea of doing a dual build with a "Love Factory" on one side (Electra with a bunch of pots plus a rotary to select clipping diodes) and a silicon Fuzz Face with some bass-ackwards components and stuff-- "Every Devi Ever" on the other. Could be kind of fun.

Back