Two Bender (Two Tone Fuzz)

joelorigo

Here's my Two Tone Fuzz build. For the transistors, I followed the guidelines on the Aion FX Deimos (Tone Bender mkII) in selecting what I have, which isn't a lot. That turned out to be 2 of the 3 from a "3 Knob Tone Bender" set I got from Small Bear (Q2 &Q3) and an AC125 (Q1). I have a Ramble Twin Bender to compare it to and with these transistors it is sounds and acts very similar. On mkII mine is a bit thicker/gate-y and on mkI.V theirs is. Or is it the other way around, I've forgotten. Mine is a little noisier. Based on that I'm wondering if it is worth buying any GT402 transistors from Stompbox Parts. Seems like I got lucky with what I have and that would be a crapshoot because although Stompbox Parts lets you choose hfe, it's only a range, and you can't select leakage. Options welcome!

The other thing I have is that on mkII, the last little bit of the impede knob makes extreme noise but backing it off a touch clears that up and it still sounds like the Ramble pedal with it's impede all the way up basically.

Anyway, a cool fuzz pedal and I think I feel good enough about it to sell the Ramble. I think.

Attachments

• IMG_7960.jpg
    IMG_7960.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7959.jpg
    IMG_7959.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Back