Uni-Vibe Wet Dry Dial MOD!

nznat

Hello.
I have this uni-vibe i built from, the diagram attached. Its pretty good. What i want to do is put a wet / dry dial on the pedal.
The reason is, the pedal schematic has a really nice pre-amp in it, and also the vibe is pretty good, yet a lot of pre-amp tone comes through, and i want to be able to dial more vibe effect into the mix and remove some of the pre-amp effect. I'm sure ill get a much better vibe effect that way.
Any ideas anyone, or who can i talk to about this adjustment / where on the circuit could this wet / dry be added. i.e. both pre-amp and unvibe effect are seperate parts in the circuit, so i want to be able to shift percentages of each = like having 30 percent pre-amp and 70% univibe effect. Yes i know, the preamp is essential for the tone, but even a 10% shift would create a big vibe effect taking place without the pre-amp getting lost, because the pre-amp goes above unity, so should be fine.
thanks

Attachments

• univibe-ENG.pdf
    353 KB · Views: 17
Hello.
I have this uni-vibe i built from, the diagram attached. Its pretty good. What i want to do is put a wet / dry dial on the pedal.
The reason is, the pedal schematic has a really nice pre-amp in it, and also the vibe is pretty good, yet a lot of pre-amp tone comes through, and i want to be able to dial more vibe effect into the mix and remove some of the pre-amp effect. I'm sure ill get a much better vibe effect that way.
Any ideas anyone, or who can i talk to about this adjustment / where on the circuit could this wet / dry be added. i.e. both pre-amp and unvibe effect are seperate parts in the circuit, so i want to be able to shift percentages of each = like having 30 percent pre-amp and 70% univibe effect. Yes i know, the preamp is essential for the tone, but even a 10% shift would create a big vibe effect taking place without the pre-amp getting lost, because the pre-amp goes above unity, so should be fine.
thanks

You’d have to add a blend control around the preamp.

I’m unsure what you are trying to accomplish.

Why not just turn the volume down?

Attachments

• IMG_0329.png
    IMG_0329.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
View attachment 47907

That’s where you’d put it but I’m unsure what you are trying to accomplish.

Why not just turn the volume down?
turning down the volume, lol, that would do anything other than turn down the entire pedal, vibe volume included. And that picture of , "this is where you would puty it"??? Put what? got a diagram of the circuit to add? im trying to bring forward the vibe effect to over shadow the pre-amp, as if the vibe effect itself has its own volume. No the pre-amp and vibe effect are NOT the same thing, they are two different circuits, but im not sure exactly where or how to add what im after

turning down the volume, lol, that would do anything other than turn down the entire pedal, vibe volume included. And that picture of , "this is where you would puty it"??? Put what? got a diagram of the circuit to add? im trying to bring forward the vibe effect to over shadow the pre-amp, as if the vibe effect itself has its own volume. No the pre-amp and vibe effect are NOT the same thing, they are two different circuits, but im not sure exactly where or how to add what im after

Good luck!

Yes. It’s what you say to someone when you wish them the best in their endeavors but are no longer interested in helping.
your not interested in helping, or you dont know what to do? its fine either way, but can you point me to someone who would know?

your not interested in helping, or you dont know what to do? its fine either way, but can you point me to someone who would know?

I know quite a bit about the UniVibe circuit.

You don’t though. So good luck.

I know quite a bit about the UniVibe circuit.

You don’t though. So good luck.
whats going on, you know quite a bit, and you say i dont, and you wont help? i thought this was a forum where people got help with electronics / pedals? is everything ok with you? did i say something wrong. i looked back, i was just asking about a circuit

whats going on, you know quite a bit, and you say i dont, and you wont help? i thought this was a forum where people got help with electronics / pedals? is everything ok with you? did i say something wrong. i looked back, i was just asking about a circuit
Dude, if there was a local Univibe expert....it IS most certainly mr Big Monk FYI

If you want less Preamp, you turn the volume down.

Typically, blend controls are about getting LESS effect.

It sounds like you might want a cleaner Preamp at unity gain.

Other than that I’m not sure what you are asking.

If you want less Preamp, you turn the volume down.

Typically, blend controls are about getting LESS effect.

It sounds like you might want a cleaner Preamp at unity gain.

Other than that I’m not sure what you are asking.
On stock vibes, preamp controls entire pedal, effect and volume increases or decreases when volume / gain is adjusted. they are linked.
A blend control is about either having vibe or volume / preamp tone being higher or lower than other.
No cleaner preamp needed.
The vibe has an effect section (vibe section) and a separate preamp drive volume section.
I'm wanting to blend these with one knob. Turn clockwise and the gain drops and the vibe effect increases, or turn anticlockwise and vibe decreaees and gain increases. I understand your line drawing you showed me, yet its not very clear, and what circuit goes in that line?

On stock vibes, preamp controls entire pedal, effect and volume increases or decreases when volume / gain is adjusted. they are linked.
A blend control is about either having vibe or volume / preamp tone being higher or lower than other.
No cleaner preamp needed.
The vibe has an effect section (vibe section) and a separate preamp drive volume section.
I'm wanting to blend these with one knob. Turn clockwise and the gain drops and the vibe effect increases, or turn anticlockwise and vibe decreaees and gain increases. I understand your line drawing you showed me, yet its not very clear, and what circuit goes in that line?

The issue is the input goes through the Preamp. The Preamp and Phase sections are mixed prior to the volume.

The gain of the Preamp is not tied to the Intensity of the phasing in a way that can be separated.

this sort of gives an idea that it can be separated?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-06 135203.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-06 135203.png
    191 KB · Views: 11
The issue is the input goes through the Preamp. The Preamp and Phase sections are mixed prior to the volume.

The gain of the Preamp is not tied to the Intensity of the phasing in a way that can be separated.
or this area of a vibe circuit? the output mix mod

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-06 134910.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-06 134910.png
    334 KB · Views: 11
Back