UniCab

No, I use a thirty years old solder iron (weller wkcp-s) with a small solder tip. The key is the right solder (fluitin 1532/0,5mm) and temperature.
Hey @Pedal2222 I just found this thread by searching the forum a bit for opinions on what the proper soldering iron temperature IS. I was wondering if you could expand on the above a bit and tell us what temp you set your iron at?

Holy shit that is phenomenal work! I salute you sir! Something to strive for? And where are you sourcing those beautiful parts?

Hey @Pedal2222 I just found this thread by searching the forum a bit for opinions on what the proper soldering iron temperature IS. I was wondering if you could expand on the above a bit and tell us what temp you set your iron at?
Between 325 °C and 345 °C. But, the higher the temperature, the faster the pace of work. I prefer higher temperatures and short soldering times. It's all a matter of practice.

Last edited:
Holy shit that is phenomenal work! I salute you sir! Something to strive for? And where are you sourcing those beautiful parts?
Thanks! I'm ordering my components mostly from banzaimusic.com in berlin (germany). I enjoy the time building my pedals. For a good result I always take my time.

Last edited:
Back