UNICAB

DAJE

Pretty straightforward build, and it worked first time.

Was a bit underwhelmed at first, but it grew on me. It will certainly get some use for direct recording, and I wouldn't be afraid to use it for an ampless gig.

It's an analog cab sim, and what that means is that it's basically an EQ that focuses on the frequencies that cabinets affect. I'm not really too worried about trying to sound exactly like a real cab, just want a nice guitar sound that I can use for headphone time and recording. It works pretty well by itself for that, but it really takes effects well. I tried it with overdrive, fuzz, and a preamp, and it sounds great in conjunction with all of them. Reverb, too. Definitely gives things a little more oomph.

Attachments

• UC1.jpg
    UC1.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 28
  • UC2.jpg
    UC2.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 31
I like those knobs
Cheapies from AliExpress, where I buy most of my knobs.

I got some of these around the same time, very similar but slightly nicer in my opinion. Cheaper, too. Both types are good in that the white pointer contrasts well with the black knob and makes it easy to see your settings.

Both kinds are for split shaft pots only, too small for the solid shafts.

Last edited:
Looks great!
It's a great tool, I have mine as an insert on a channel on my mixer.
I just plug my pedalboard in the channel, and when I'm playing ampless with some dirt, it sounds like a guitar and not some high-pitched shrill.

Back
Top Bottom