Unison Double Tracker Noisy

Ok So the board doesn't match the instructions. Or the parts list. I used the part values that were printed on the PCB. Was this the problem? I am also using the schematic from the build doc. but it uses the Pythagoras schematic. I assume its the same just using a different programmed Eprom?
Anyway. If I track pin 6 on the TL072 i should find R9 and R10. no such luck???

I have built a few FV-1 effects and the noise floor is good on all of them, but I have not built any of the PCB FV-1 boards that use the toggle to switch between three programs. There are two TL072 chips on your board, and it looks like R9 and R10 should connect to pin 6 for one of those chips. Make sure you were not testing the wrong TL072 when you were checking for continuity.

Try running the board from a 9v battery and see if your noise level improves. I have had some pedals that were much more sensitive to noise from my power supply and that might be the case here.

The build doc parts lists calls for 10K for the MIX pot, and the schematic also says 10K on the mix pot. That change may have been part of the reason there was a new revision of the board this past July. I would go with the build doc and use a 10K pot there.

Are you checking for continuity on both sides of R9 and R10? Maybe you were checking the wrong side.

Did you use sockets for your TL072? Maybe your ICs are not making the right connections through the sockets to your board. If changing the MIX pot to 10K does not solve your problem, you should post a picture of each side of your board.

I did socket them. I guess it wouldn’t work if there was no connection. I just assume that the board is different from the schematic.
I’ll try the 10k and see what’s what.
Thanks

You can compare the parts placement and values on your board with the picture in the build docs. So long as those match, I would assume the schematic and board are in agreement, and use any differences you find to be a part of your troubleshooting.

UGG . I'm having a hard time locating R9 and R10. If you have a similar board, Please locate them for me. I should find continuity from the mix pot to them but no? Also from pin 6 of the TL072, again no? Weird. I did change the mix pot to 10k instead of 100k and it helped a bit. I think im on the right track seeking out the resistors.

Back