Univibe suggestions

JamieJ

I’m looking for a new Univibe build.

I have the EQD Depths clone from FuzzDog and it’s good but I don’t love it love it, so I want to try out some others.

I saw the madbean harbinger 1.5 but madbean aren’t shipping to the UK at the moment. From what I have seen the photon vibe sounds great as well but do you guys have any other recommendations?

As pedalpcb said in this thread, something is coming and judging by the workbench thread it looks like a JHS Unicorn

As pedalpcb said in this thread, something is coming and judging by the workbench thread it looks like a JHS Unicorn
Yep, I saw that post. It also seems like a few other vibes have been placed on the wish list as well (formula b). The photon vibe seems like a very popular pedal so I will probably build that and the soon to be announced one and keep the one I like the most.

Yep, I saw that post. It also seems like a few other vibes have been placed on the wish list as well (formula b). The photon vibe seems like a very popular pedal so I will probably build that and the soon to be announced one and keep the one I like the most.
I really want a vibe pedal (actually I want a bunch of mod pedals) but I’ve been a bit overloaded with projects so I picked up one of those flamma pedals off Amazon to have something til I start building more. It’s pretty good for a digital multi fx pedal.

I considered the Depths for a bit but I’m glad I held off I see a lot of people aren’t super happy with it.

Photon Vibe is great, especially with a few mods. The bulb vs. LED makes a difference. The filter knobs on the Photon are useless IMHO.

Has anyone found UniVibe code for an FV-1? I see phaser code and it should be simple enough to tweak... One day I'll learn how.

Photon Vibe is great, especially with a few mods. The bulb vs. LED makes a difference. The filter knobs on the Photon are useless IMHO.

Has anyone found UniVibe code for an FV-1? I see phaser code and it should be simple enough to tweak... One day I'll learn how.

I haven't seen any univibe specific stuff but this thread on spin's forums looks promising

Thanks for that!
They mention in the FV-1 thread that getting the right LFO sweep is crucial. I believe that to be true. In an analog UniVibe circuit, a lamp responds very differently than an LED to the LFO signal. This alone could account for the Photon Vibe's superior tone.

Back