Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Illusion Wild Copper + Space Dust

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Illusion Blue Berg + Space Dust

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Dirty Magic + Clear Coat

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
Severely tempted. I'd want to grab this and put my favorite 3 knob standard in it and keep the enclosure always on my board but replace the guts as necessary.
That sounds like a plan!

Tomorrow I’m powder coating the last 2 in purple but with the regular clear coat. You might have a change of heart 😉

Dirty Magic + Clear Coat

IMG_2205.jpeg

IMG_2209.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

Ok so here we have Dirty Magic again but with a regular clear coat. I love this color and the pics do not do it justice! You can see the blue metallic flake in the background making the color look like a potion…I think it’s really cool! But if I’m going to be honest I think the Space Dust did something really special to this color…what do you guys think?

*This color choice has now been added to the vote section!*

Dirty Magic + Clear Coat

View attachment 60104

View attachment 60105

View attachment 60106

Ok so here we have Dirty Magic again but with a regular clear coat. I love this color and the pics do not do it justice! You can see the blue metallic flake in the background making the color look like a potion…I think it’s really cool! But if I’m going to be honest I think the Space Dust did something really special to this color…what do you guys think?

New favourite

Dirty Magic + Clear Coat

View attachment 60104

View attachment 60105

View attachment 60106

🧙‍♂️

They all look great to me. Any color you've shown would look outstanding, especially with a knob that sets it off more, or maybe knobs that just blend right in...

You've got the perfect style case to have 2 colors going—the outside panels and the top wrap—do you have your tolerances tight enough to be able to mix and match them? I'd love to see pictures of those. Or, the idea of the same base color on all the parts, but a matte clear (say) on the sides and the space dust gloss in the center—that type of mix up.

In any case, they all look great—and I had figured you were going to go with that incredible distressed "raw" finish that you showed a few weeks ago.

Edited to add: You also might want to consider colored pop rivets—I'm not saying I don't like the silver ones, just another layer of possibilities. I could see matching the rivet finish to the side screw finish.

Last edited:
They all look great to me. Any color you've shown would look outstanding, especially with a knob that sets it off more, or maybe knobs that just blend right in...

You've got the perfect style case to have 2 colors going—the outside panels and the top wrap—do you have your tolerances tight enough to be able to mix and match them? I'd love to see pictures of those. Or, the idea of the same base color on all the parts, but a matte clear (say) on the sides and the space dust gloss in the center—that type of mix up.

In any case, they all look great—and I had figured you were going to go with that incredible distressed "raw" finish that you showed a few weeks ago.

Edited to add: You also might want to consider colored pop rivets—I'm not saying I don't like the silver ones, just another layer of possibilities. I could see matching the rivet finish to the side screw finish.
So as for the 2 tone colors, the next run will have a lot of 2 tone combinations based on 60s and 70s color tones and palettes!

The raw distressed look could definitely be done again if theyre requested..

The colored rivets i thought about but anodizing them since theyre aluminum!

How do you make two tones? Can you mask off part of it somehow? Or do you somehow spray both colors?
I will be doing the top in one color and the bottom in another.

Powder coating doesn’t really allow for mixing colors like paint would. For example you can’t mix a yellow and red to make orange. But theoretically let’s say it does mix, I would spray the first color then flash it, I would then spray the 2nd color then flash it and to bind it together I would do a clear coat and cure it for the clear coat time. This is just me thinking how I would do it lol

Last edited:
Back